howto? - Backup ViceCity cds

no it isnt u idiot, its just telling him what protection it has, the protection is meant to stop piracy, but he said its original and his, so all companies allow that, and even if they didnt, they cant inforce it because its part of the law, so rest ur case im still raping u. dont u get tired of being proven wrong time after time?

ohh btw u might wanna learn how to spell copyRIGHT since ur such a expert on it!

The problem with backing up any software CD is a "Catch22" They say you can make one (1) backup copy for yourself and only yourself... but they also say not to circumvent any copywrite protection.

So damned if ya do and damned if ya don't, kinda sucks.

You explain how to backup a CD, fine... just as long as the explanation does not include the circunvention of the copywrite protection. That is where the line is crossed. If there is copywrite protection on the CD (as there is on most every frickin one :p ), then call the Manufacturer of the Software that is on the CD. Let them tell you how to make a backup of it.

Now you two (2)... and you both know who I am talkin about... CLEAN IT UP. :mad:

For I have the keys to the "button". :eek:

Any more SHIT and both of ya... down a dark hole.

thanks gonaads thats exactly what i am saying. i can tell anyone exactly how to back it up, because the resulting copy will still have the copy protection so therefore he is not breaking any rules.

Anyways, back on track. Is there a website out there that has a list of games and what type datatype they are? (Securom, Safedisc, CD-Cops, etc.) Also, does anyone know what type GTA: Vice has? Alcohol 120% gives me the options Securom, Securom *NEW, and Secirom *NEW (V4.x)

Thanks,

lieb39

Both of you have opinions and points. But that in no way says that you can get nasty with each other.

If you really want to prove your points, find proof somewhere (written proof). Either on the Net or in a EULA from some software. then there is no more arguing.

Originally posted by themafia_69
thanks gonaads thats exactly what i am saying. i can tell anyone exactly how to back it up, because the resulting copy will still have the copy protection so therefore he is not breaking any rules.

Just be nice... that's all I ask. :D

BTW
I didn't know Krux was a MicroSquish spy. :p

All points taken. This can be argued for eternity. To diffuse the thread from any flaming, it is now closed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back