How will I notice 8X AGP.

N

Nedreplan

Just a question about this thing with 8X AGP.

Will there be any noticeable difference with 8X AGP, or is 4X AGP enough? I'd like your view on it....

I am on the way to install a GeForce FX 5600 with 256 Mb DDR.
So I just wonder if there is any point in exchanging the entire MoBo just for that reason.

Originally posted by Nedreplan
Just a question about this thing with 8X AGP.

Will there be any noticeable difference with 8X AGP, or is 4X AGP enough? I'd like your view on it....

I am on the way to install a GeForce FX 5600 with 256 Mb DDR.
So I just wonder if there is any point in exchanging the entire MoBo just for that reason.

nope... no actual difference.. and there is no point in changing your mobo for this reason...

by the end of the year pci-express will debut IIRC and AFAIK both ati and nvidia are readying their end of the year cards for pci-express :)

btw.. why did you bother paying the extra bucks for a 256mb 5600 card ? there is not going to be any noticeable difference for you in gaming.. perhaps if you are into professional design and what not with professional 3d apps.. you may get a difference... but not in gaming...

if you bought the 256mb non - ultra version...I would recommend returning it and getting a 128mb ultra.. if you can actually find one on the market.. or getting an alternate product... like a gf4 ti 4600..

:)

my $0.02...

Why not save some money altogether and keep your GF 4 Ti4200 ??? It's a solid card and can OC (if you're into that) to Ti 4600 speeds.

Unless you want a card that is DX 9 compliant then I would do what Sazar said. But there are very few DX 9 compatible games out right now.

the 256mb fx5600 is just a gimic that people see and say WOW 256mb...not worth it at all

haha u talk about gimmicks!! take a look at that piece of intel your running, now that is a gimmick!

back on topic....... Sazar is right and ATI and Nvidia have both said they will release an adapter for people who don't want to upgrade there board so that they can use a pci express video card in an agp slot. pci express is basically pci and agp put together each pci slot will have its own dedicated bus instead of sharing with all the others (which is what an AGP slot doesd/has)

well i got it for 130 and its o/ced to 3.3ghz, so i don't think that is a bad deal...i'd like a barton, but im not upgrading when the processor isn't old

it may be 3.3ghz but i assure you a a Barton running at 2.4ghz will Perform on par with it, or better.

you people are missing the point, i spent 130, i have no doubt a barton will perform better, but a barton that would would be more expensive than 130

and i already know you are going to say you can get one at that price, but not when i got it, the amd price drop happened way afterwards.

Originally posted by Flatbeat_Eddy
it may be 3.3ghz but i assure you a a Barton running at 2.4ghz will Perform on par with it, or better.

he never said it wouldn't man he just said he got a good deal on it so thats what hes using.

bleh lol...

to each their own... there is no point in having a pointless discussion about a fait accompli init :)

back on topic then... you will not notice agp 8x unless you bench like crazy and point out the 1-2fps difference in benches with 200-300 fps already... :D

Well here is my two cents to upgrade for the simple 8x option no

but when you upgrade the motherboard your gonna get lots of goodies that go with the 8x boards that are out there such as usb2.0 maybe dual lan's , maybe a nice dual channel ram set up ... so if it was just for 8x no but hey whats wrong with a nice new mb with all its little extras :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back