How to...

V

VasquezPL

How to make Internet sharing only for specific IP's or only for net adapter serial number?

I am assuming you are using ICS on one comptuer. I don't believe that you can do that through ICS. Try reading the how-to from PracticallyNetworked. The link is in the readme at the top of this forum

JJB6486

Are you stating that the "host" pc has more than one NIC and you want to limit which one can share, or are you looking to limit which PCs can connect to the "host" pc and get online?

If it's the first one, then you can go to the options for the network adapter in question (right click on Network Neighborhood, go to Properties, then go to the properties page for the adapter in question and you should see a "Sharing" tab to enable/disable sharing) and you should be able to control which adapter is bound to the ICS function.

If it's the second, I would imagine that could be controlled by one of the following:

A. Removing the ICS function on the client
B. Examing the properties of the browser in the connections tab, and then removing any proxy/connection information
C. Adjust the network adapter properties of the client and remove the gateway information so they can't route out through the ICS box (if using a DHCP function from the hosting ICS box, then just use static IPs on the same subnet so that they can still communicate to each other on the LAN).

Bear in mind, I these are just *stabs* at what could be done, since I have only read bits about ICS but I am much more familiar with RRAS w/NAT (which ICS is a stripped version of) and other proxy/NAT/PAT systems.

HTH

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back