How To "Un-Default" Outlook Express

D

Dick

After selecting Outlook Express as my default email program, I regret it. I want to change to the latest Pegasus. I've looked but Uncle Bill hid the O.E. "off" or "kill" button so well that I can't find it.

Where is it & how do I use it to "Un-default" Outlook Express? Your help will be much apprciated. My browser is Opera 6.05 & O/S is Windows XP home.

Best regards, Dick

I don't think you can un-default as such, try setting Pegasus to default instead, it should override the OE settings.

when you launch another mail client, it should ask you if you want it to be your default...have you dissabled that window?..

here's a screenshot of my fox mail default option window...I don't know what your gui will take you to, but it's there somewhere

In Internet Explorer Click 'Tools' > Internet Options > Programs Tab click drop down for email and select what you want... click 'Ok' and your done

There is also an option in outlook express. Outlook/tools/options. I think it is in the general tab.

If you've installed SP1, you should now have ' Set Program Access and Defaults' under Programs.

gus...nice post...I didn't even know that was a feature of sp1...great feature

Thanks to all that replied to my post. I apologize for taking so long to respond but I had changed ISP's & forgot to update my my email address on the forum. So, automatic email notifications that you had replied never arrived here.

Thanks to your help, the situation is fixed! Outlook Express now sleeps in the back seat while Pegasus runs the email show. I installed SP1 - used the "Set Program Access & Defaults" option as desired & voila - joy! "Take that Uncle Bill"!

If anyone out there uses Pegasus - especially is you're sending streaming email attachments with it - boy, I'd sure like to talk to you about settings.

Best regards & Happy Holidays guys, Dick

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back