how to tweak a geforce2 go...

• Thread starter original delboy
  • Start date
O

original delboy

I have been having great problems in getting gta3 to wrk it is very slowish and slugish too:mad: is there a way to tweak the graphics card..? My specs for my laptop are below.

Do any of you guys have an expertise in this:rolleyes: can you help me out..or point me in the right direction to get a utility prog or something?

thx

Its a laptop, Its not a gaming machine.

You can't clock it or anything as it would get to hot.

Use a PC like everyone else ;) ;)

:eek: UniSol

"Its a laptop, Its not a gaming machine..Use a PC like everyone else...."

My laptop is just as good as "Anybodys pc here..." chk the spec out:p
1.2ghz p3
48hdd
512ram
15" uxga screen
32mb geforce2 go:p (come on how many laptops do you see with a graphics card as good as this huh..?)

It is a desktop machine too...but portable:eek: so that benifits me...don't want to argue in stating mine is better and so on...

The i8100 plays everything so i dont know why this problem with gta3...alot of ppl are having this problem...who have 64mb graphic cards and a thunderbird processors etc...

:confused:

Originally posted by original delboy
:eek: UniSol

"Its a laptop, Its not a gaming machine..Use a PC like everyone else...."

My laptop is just as good as "Anybodys pc here..." chk the spec out:p
1.2ghz p3
48hdd
512ram
15" uxga screen
32mb geforce2 go:p (come on how many laptops do you see with a graphics card as good as this huh..?)

It is a desktop machine too...but portable:eek: so that benifits me...don't want to argue in stating mine is better and so on...

The i8100 plays everything so i dont know why this problem with gta3...alot of ppl are having this problem...who have 64mb graphic cards and a thunderbird processors etc...

:confused:

u may have great specs for your machine, but what he is talking about is the fact that is is very hard to get in there and change jumper settings, also it gets too hot inside the machine. there is not enough cooling in there to keep you from blowing it up. when you overclock, your card is going to be working harder, and when that happens, it generates more heat. more heat+no ventilation=boom

Brad

Thx for the explanation bigeyedfish:cool:

there must be away...:mad: damn you gta3!

i have a dell inspiron 8100 as well, except i opted for the top-of-the-line option of a mobility radeon 7500 64mb ddr. fact of the matter is a geforce2 go is not a very good video card... not even as good as a geforce2 mx 200 which is basically piss-poor. especially for a game like gta3.

sorry, but there's really nothing you can do about it. }:\

Originally posted by original delboy
Thx for the explanation bigeyedfish:cool:

there must be away...:mad: damn you gta3!
If your card has 32MB it's a GeForce2 Go 200
Try a GeForce2 Go 64MB, or...
Put a GeForce4 Go in it. If you got the cash to burn and if it fits.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back