how to turn off something

scsa20

Simonsoft Network
can some one help me out, no matter what I try it keeps bringing this thing up....whenever I turn on my video camera to get readly for video editing, Windows always pop up this box...I click the "Take no Action" along with the check box that "so'pose" to stop it from poping up, but it still does....how can I stop that from poping up?? if you don't know what pop up thing I'm talking about, look at the picture

do you plug the cam in each time you use it? If so, I'd think that every time, it thinks it is new hardware

Sorry I don't have an answer (I'm sure one'll come very quickly, though) but I wanted to suscribe to this thread to know when one comes.

-Funny how xp INSISTS on baby-walking you through just about everything you try to do, no matter what.
Couldn't they have set an option somewhere to disable all those annoying popups for users who've some experience with Windows ?

The first time I tried xp, at a friend's place, I thought I'd never get it for myself when I saw that it tried to do everything for me all the time. (The popup that came everytime I inserted a CD in, for example. Why not another one poping up everytime you try to use your right-click ?!!...)

Anyway, good luck finding an answer.

Go to Windows explorer or My Computer right click on the CD drive - go to the AutoPlay tab and configure it the way you want - you can select "DO Nothing" as an option.

Originally posted by dreamliner77
do you plug the cam in each time you use it? If so, I'd think that every time, it thinks it is new hardware

I mostly keep it plug in, and it doesn't do anything when the camera is off, but once I turn it on, it pops up :(

Originally posted by Ramanuman
-Funny how xp INSISTS on baby-walking you through just about everything you try to do, no matter what.
Couldn't they have set an option somewhere to disable all those annoying popups for users who've some experience with Windows ?

The first time I tried xp, at a friend's place, I thought I'd never get it for myself when I saw that it tried to do everything for me all the time. (The popup that came everytime I inserted a CD in, for example. Why not another one poping up everytime you try to use your right-click ?!!...)

yeah, why does Microsoft have to try to make everything soooo easy for newbie people but yet doesn't have an option on turn it off for the more experience people :(

oh, and it doesn't just pop up for CDs, it pops up also when you put in a new hardware :D

Originally posted by beatlesdb
Go to Windows explorer or My Computer right click on the CD drive - go to the AutoPlay tab and configure it the way you want - you can select "DO Nothing" as an option.

hmm...doesn't that only work with CDs?? :confused:

hmm...doesn't that only work with CDs??
I don't have a video camera but a Sony dig.camera. If I turn it on and go to MyComputer there is a new drive H:\Sony memory stick. Rightclicking brings up the same options as for the CD-drive. Maybe you have something similar for your videocamera and can configure it there.

I alreadly checked, nothing showed for stoping it :(

I'm using a Sony DV camera

man, why does Microsoft does this without options for turning it off?? :(

Originally posted by beatlesdb
How would that helpl with a camera?

Do you have Tweak-UI from the Powertoys? Go there to MyComputer - Autoplay and uncheck: Enable autoplay for removable drives. Perhaps it works.

Originally posted by yoyo
Do you have Tweak-UI from the Powertoys? Go there to MyComputer - Autoplay and uncheck: Enable autoplay for removable drives. Perhaps it works.

nope, still doesn't work :(

Perhaps you can do something in the registry directly. I attach a picture how the respective keys look on my computer (Arbeitsplatz=MyComputer). What if you delete the autoplayhandler that disturbs you or perhaps something to do with the atmosphere above there on mars;) ? No further idea, sorry.

The registry key to stop the CD drive from running by itself is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\
CurrentControlSet\
Services\Cdrom\AutoRun
(You give it a value of 0)

Maybe you could look around there for another "AutoRun" value that would be associated with your camera ?...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back