How to take a screen capture of a movie file under XP?

Rigsta

OSNN Addict
Using the print screen key does copy the screen, but has bizarre results when I paste it into a paint program. If the file is still playing, the copied image will also move in the image editor. Even saving the file while the movie is paused doesn't work.

try ctr+alt+printscreen = will capture only the active window.

what media player are you using? I ask because the ones i use to watch movies and other video files have an image capture option.

this whole thing has to do with overlays. overlays can't be captured in a normal fashion and i'm not aware of other ways... short of getting a program that allows it.

i have an old riva tnt that allows overlays to be turned off which allows printscreen to work, but newer cards don't have this for some reason.

and i experienced the movie playing in mspaint when i did a printscreen once, rigsta... it was a trip, but then i just realized it had to something with the overlays and detecting where the play window was.

Darn. WinDVD can only capture from DVDs (I'm using it to play DivX files 'cos it's faster than DivX player Alpha and the WMP progress bar sucks ass).

WMP doesn't seem to have a capture feature, how surprising (not). :mad:

If anyone knows a DivX player that can take screen captures, let me know, please :)

Thanks all for replying ^_^

Any type... dvd, divx, avi, mpg... everything i just tested gave me as good of stills as the quality of file i tried.

wow thanks for teaching me about the ALT+Print Screen... i never knew about that one hehe.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back