how to sync phone contacts with vista?

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
so, I can't sync my phone contacts, the box won't check and I can't find the folder in the phone to just copy it

any ideas?

Which phone? Your Mogul?

Are you syncing using WMDC and Outlook? Or are you talking about C:\Users\username\Contacts?

Are you syncing using WMDC and Outlook? Or are you talking about C:\Users\username\Contacts?
I want to be able to save my phone contacts so if I have to hard reset the contacts will rewrite

I could do this on the old active sync but I can't figure out how to do it on vista

also, does bitpim work on mobile 6?

Aren't those contacts already in Outlook? If you are going to do a hard reset (Clear Storage) then all you need to do is delete the current partnership and recreate it. WMDC will resync the contacts, calendar, etc.

Aren't those contacts already in Outlook? If you are going to do a hard reset (Clear Storage) then all you need to do is delete the current partnership and recreate it. WMDC will resync the contacts, calendar, etc.
I guess that's the problem, I just have the native email client on vista and it won't sync with that

Yes, that would be the problem. WMDC only works with Outlook. Didn't they include a license for Outlook with your Mogul? My Tilt came with an older version of Outlook.

Yes, that would be the problem. WMDC only works with Outlook. Didn't they include a license for Outlook with your Mogul? My Tilt came with an older version of Outlook.
I guess it should be on the disc but it didn't install it, I know my 6700 synced fine...will check disc

Wish I saw this thread yesterday. My wife has a Mogul, I couldn't figure out how to back up the contacts on her Vista machine. I did the software update anyway thinking the contacts and calendar would stay, Boy was I wrong!! A couple hundred contacts are now gone. She wants to beat me now. I installed office 03 on there a while ago, and never thought to back it up to outlook. I kept trying to use the active sync.

Ooopppss!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back