How to stop media player?

• Thread starter -+={©Yahoo©}=+-
  • Start date
©

-+={©Yahoo©}=+-

Reinstalling it self?
http://www.xp-erience.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20411&pagenumber=2
Also relevant to this thread.
Mostly the same thing I can't stop it taking back over I have uninstalled it from the new control panel it is unticked in there. I have Jet Audio Assigned in folder options clearly I can see this. Yet double click and audio file Up Come Media Player instead of Jet Audio I want. There are No File Associations for it in Media Player Yet still it is there.
Delete it out the folder and IMMEDIATELY windows puts it back, rename the folder to Read only No Difference.
Ven
More control NO WAY/:
Ven:mad:

It keeps reinstalling itself after you have unticked it from Add/Remove windows companants?

MS seems to have messed up one of the major points of SP1

The box is a clean install not upgrade sp1 slipstreamed.
The only thing that has gone seems to be Netscape I noticed that was there I got rid of it and that has never come back!!
I have tried all I know to disassociate music files from media player and to no avail it just keeps coming back, there is nothing ticked at all in it. And as soon as you open the new control panel is seems windows take back over.
I don't normally feel the need to come here on the board I feel quite competent in Po's but this seems more like a beast with it's own mind than ever I thought possible. I used to use Kaspersky as a virus checker I had task bar failures and hangs with that the only one that seem to run against my better judgment is Norton 2003, that I thought I would never go back to.
As I look now at a folder that is open on my desktop I see the icons to Jet Audio I see the files open with in folder options Jet Audio Double click and up comes Media Player 8.
ven

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back