How to speed up Send to menu

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
It drives me nuts, everytime I right click on a file and my mouse hovers over the send to option in the context menu, it freezes-pauses for 5 seconds before displaying this. Does anybody know how to speed this up??

The only thing I can think of would be to either clean up or disable the "Send To" menu. If you use it a lot, you can clean it up by hitting "run", type "regedit", then you can find all your send to items in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Send To. Just delete the ones you don't use.

To disable it altogether, add the following text to a file in notepad and save it as sendto.reg (or anything you like). Then open it, and it will ask if you want to merge it into the registry. Say yes, and it should work right away. If not, restart.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;Disable "Send To" menu
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Send To]
@=""

Thanks unwonted. I may have to resort to that. Any other suggestions?

i checked my registry but i dont have anyting in the "send to"

Something is wrong with it. Probably some software has messed around with it. If it is a recent problem & you know what you installed, remove it & do a system restore. See if that fixes it.

Or if you know how to enable it in regedit try what Unwonted suggested. Disable it, reboot, enable it, reboot.

I think the problem is that I have a shortcut to send to the a: drive (floppy) in my sendto menu and this might be slowing it down...I dont see this shortcut in my send to folder and I didnt see it in that registry location...any ideas on how to remove it?

That's not it. Everyone has the shortcut to the floppy. Don't know how to remove it. Maybe some type of tweak program???

Ok I manually went in and played with each of the send to items...oddly enough it was the mediaplayer classic shortcut which seemed to be causing this lag for me : / thanks for the feedback guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back