OSNN Senior Addict
- 12 Dec 2008
I'm using Cable and the speed after using this hack on Firefox is noticeable but when I was using dialup this speed was very noticeable as well. This hack works!
Tip 1 : Normally when you type in a url, the browser will make one request to a web page at a time. When you enable pipelining it will make several requests at once, which really speeds up page loading.
Step 1: Type “about:config” into the address bar and hit return. Scroll down and look for the following entries:
Step 2: Alter the entries as follows:
Tip 2: Change the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it recieves.
- Set “network.http.pipelining” to “true”
- Set “network.http.proxy.pipelining” to “true”
- Set “network.http.pipelining.maxrequests” to some number like 30. This means it will make 30 requests at once.
- Right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer.
- Name it “nglayout.initialpaint.delay” and set its value to “0?. This value reduces the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it recieves.