How to setup a Statusbar in Explorer

P

Peter_CapeTown

Hi

Anyone know how to switch ON the status bar in all Explorer windows by default....? Thanks! :)

Alan

its only fun
Originally posted by Peter_CapeTown
Hi

Anyone know how to switch ON the status bar in all Explorer windows by default....? Thanks! :)

Hi Peter_CapeTown ,

First off welcome to the community;)

Click on view in I.E. and make sure the status bar has a tick along side it.

Hope this helps you

Alan

P

Peter_CapeTown

Re: Re: How to setup a Statusbar in Explorer

Thanks for the welcome Alan. Merry Xmas! Hehe, thanks for the tip but I actually wanted to know how to get all Explorer Windows to have a status bar by default in Windows XP.
It's tedious to always switch it on this way every time you start go online etc. Thanks! :)

Alan

its only fun
You could give this a try.

open I.E. then open a new window, then close the original window [its important that you close the 1st window], now click on view [in the second open window] and tick status bar, then close the second window.

Now hopefully it should be enabled on all open windows.

/me Keeps fingers crossed

If I have not explained the procedure to well, someone will give the correct way to do it.

I really hope this helps ;)

Alan

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
Do what madmatt said. Internet explorer & windows explorer are tied together for this. Set it in windows explorer & IE will happily follow.

Open Windows Explorer\View\select Status Bar. Then click Tools\Folder Options\View. Then click Apply to all Folders. Click Apply.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut