How to set Google preferences and still disable Google's cookie

tdinc

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
I don't know how long this will work, or if it works for the Google country domains, but it's worth a try because it's so easy. Perform these nine steps in this order:

1. Enable cookies if they are turned off.

2. Go to http://www.google.com/

3. Click on "Preferences" on the right side of the search box.

4. Set your preferences and click "Save Preferences." You're back to the search box.

5. Click on "Advanced Search" on the right side of the search box.

6. Do not fill out anything, but just click on "Google Search."

7. Bookmark this new search page.

8. Disable your cookies for Google.
Explorer 6.0 Tools — Internet Options — Privacy — Edit (near the bottom) — type in google.com — Block — OK — OK
Firefox 0.8.0 Tools — Options — Privacy — Stored cookies — highlight your google.com cookie — check Don't allow... box at bottom — Remove cookie — OK — OK
Opera 7.51 Tools — Cookies — highlight your google.com cookie — Delete — New — type in google.com — check Apply... — uncheck 3 Accept... — OK — Close
Netscape 7.1 Tools — Cookie Manager — Manage Stored Cookies highlight your google.com cookie — check Don't allow... box at bottom — Remove cookie — Close

9. Test your cookie block: Exit and reload your browser — go to www.google.com — click Preferences on the right side of the search box — Google should tell you that your cookies seem to be disabled

Now when you use your new bookmark for Google searches, your preferences are passed to Google in the URL, without a cookie. And with cookies disabled, Google won't be able to associate your search terms with the unique ID number that they use in their cookie.

Seems like alot of work for something semi-pointless IMO.

If you dont like google cookies loading up your temp folder this is a nice google hack to use. use it or dont i thought it was a cool google hack :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back