How to reset ps2 port

Swi

gningnegneur
Hi guys!
I have little problems with my ps/2 devices (mouse and keyboard). Here's what happens:

Keyboard and mouse plugged => neither detected (no movement + static lights on keyboard)

Keyboard plugged alone => Works

Mouse plugged alone => Does not work

Keyboard plugged in mouse port => Works

Mouse plugged in keyboard port => Does not work

I've tried with two different mice that work on another computer.
I've also tried to tweak the BIOS but there's no ps2 config in it... Tried to switch plug'n play OS in BIOS, no changes...

The keyboard lights works before XP loads, but freeze after the loading screen.

So, is there anyway I can reset ps/2 config in XP or anything else that could resolve this?

BTW, I already know that I could plug a USB mouse (which I already tried but since I have 2 unused mice and that it's not my main computer, I'd like to use the ps/2 ones...

TIA!

Swi

Other than reflashing your BIOS (you could use the same version), I can think of no solution. I think your PS2 port is f00ked/fried/whatever.

I had something similar when I first installed XP when it came out.

I think it must have been a duff installation because reinstalling xp over itself fixed it. Don't know if that will help you.

How long has it been happening?

Originally posted by rushm001
I had something similar when I first installed XP when it came out.

I think it must have been a duff installation because reinstalling xp over itself fixed it. Don't know if that will help you.

How long has it been happening?

Since a few weeks... right after I installed XP...
I'll try reinstalling it... Flashing the BIOS would be my last resort since it have no floppy disc drive on it...

Thx!

Originally posted by Swi
Flashing the BIOS would be my last resort since it have no floppy disc drive on it...

Thx!

Some motherboards can be flashed in Windows... ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back