• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to reset ps2 port

Swi

gningnegneur
Hi guys!
I have little problems with my ps/2 devices (mouse and keyboard). Here's what happens:

Keyboard and mouse plugged => neither detected (no movement + static lights on keyboard)

Keyboard plugged alone => Works

Mouse plugged alone => Does not work

Keyboard plugged in mouse port => Works

Mouse plugged in keyboard port => Does not work

I've tried with two different mice that work on another computer.
I've also tried to tweak the BIOS but there's no ps2 config in it... Tried to switch plug'n play OS in BIOS, no changes...

The keyboard lights works before XP loads, but freeze after the loading screen.

So, is there anyway I can reset ps/2 config in XP or anything else that could resolve this?

BTW, I already know that I could plug a USB mouse (which I already tried but since I have 2 unused mice and that it's not my main computer, I'd like to use the ps/2 ones...

TIA!

Swi

Other than reflashing your BIOS (you could use the same version), I can think of no solution. I think your PS2 port is f00ked/fried/whatever.

rushm001

In the beginning......
Political User
I had something similar when I first installed XP when it came out.

I think it must have been a duff installation because reinstalling xp over itself fixed it. Don't know if that will help you.

How long has it been happening?

Swi

gningnegneur
Originally posted by rushm001
I had something similar when I first installed XP when it came out.

I think it must have been a duff installation because reinstalling xp over itself fixed it. Don't know if that will help you.

How long has it been happening?

Since a few weeks... right after I installed XP...
I'll try reinstalling it... Flashing the BIOS would be my last resort since it have no floppy disc drive on it...

Thx!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown