How to remove??

Z

ZipTriX

Anyone know how to remove commands from the rightclick menu? Check screenshot to see what I want exactly removed.

I don't see the options to remove those specific items.

I've got things like that in my R/C that I want to get rid of. I hope someone has the answer. Tweak UI took out file extentions but I can't see where to go to get rid of the other stuff.

I beleive i've found the solution:

Open Regedit, browse to Hkey_CLASSES_ROOT\Winamp.File\shell\

Enqueue = Enqueue in Winamp
Play = Play in Winamp
ListBookmark = Add to Bookmark List

I'm sure you will find some others too, since i dont have all the options here that you have on your picture.

//edit

LOL, forgot to say, just delete the folders to make it go away :)

Yet another tweak here, the one above wont remove the "Copy to Audio CD" option, so i snooped around and found it.

Browse to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\

Find {8DD448E6-C188-4aed-AF92-44956194EB1F} and delete it.

That should get rid of it, did it for me!!

Remember to take backups if anything should happen though!

I know i did..

Here is what it looks like.

rightclick.gif

If you want to remove the "Open" too (it was in the black box) you can do that also.

It is in the same folder as the other winamp options and is called plain open.

Here you go ... easiest way I know of ...

Download RegClean .. not the microsoft program but the one available at ww.jv16.org. Install the program then go to "shell extensions" .... from that list you will see every single possible right click context imaganable ... find the ones that you no longer want and delete them. That simple!

You are the man, ExWhap! I attached what mine looks like now. Two more things to get rid of. All I can tell you is that they are related to media player. :mad: They are within the blackbox again. Thanks for the help so far! *whispers* this is just for the musci files, I'll post more on the graphic files, ie jpgs bmps etc.

*side note* do you know how to get rid of the "My Pictures" and "My Music" folder and keep them from coming back?

Add to Playlist : HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\

Delete this key : {F1B9284F-E9DC-4e68-9D7E-42362A59F0FD}

Open :

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Winamp.File\shell\

delete the open key.

I'm not 100% sure about the first one, since i dont have that one, so export it first and see what happens when you delete pls :)

Regarding My Music and My Pictures, i dont have that problem myself (them coming back) but you could try doing the following.

Open Regedit, browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

Here, delete the My Music and My Pictures key.

:D

Again, im not sure it'll work but might as well give it a try?

//update

I'm pretty sure it will work :)

delete the open key
lol you misread it. it's not open. it's play. if I click on it media player opens, which I do not want. i'm going to check the others now.

UPDATE: Problem! lol After deleting the "Play With Winamp" and "Open" my mp3s will no longer play in winamp when double clicked. Instead WMP opens. :mad: So, back to the drawing board. lol

lol sorry mate, try this then

** I'm really not sure about this one so export it before doing anything, in case you want it back **

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\

Delete {CE3FB1D1-02AE-4a5f-A6E9-D9F1B4073E6C}

If you go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WMPFile\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\WMPPlayAsPlaylist

you'll see that the entry there is pointing to the foler you mentioned. I'm going to uninstall winamp first and work of getting rid of the WMP selections. Once those are gone, I think it would be easier to eliminate the winamp ones.

Ok I just got done reformatting. Figure it would be easier to do this editing from the beginning. :D

The selected options are for WMP, I know that much. I don't use WMP for anything. I would also like to completely remove Outlook Express, since I don't use it either. If anyone knows how to completely remove these programs, I would prefer to do that.

Re: Here you go ... easiest way I know of ...

Originally posted by mattg1981
Download RegClean .. not the microsoft program but the one available at www.jv16.org . Install the program then go to "shell extensions" .... from that list you will see every single possible right click context imaganable ... find the ones that you no longer want and delete them. That simple!

That's my way of doing things. Thanks for that. :D

Re: Here you go ... easiest way I know of ...

Originally posted by mattg1981
Download RegClean .. not the microsoft program but the one available at ww.jv16.org. Install the program then go to "shell extensions" .... from that list you will see every single possible right click context imaganable ... find the ones that you no longer want and delete them. That simple!

Is this what you are talking about exactly? I'm assuming by removing, what is in the attached, will remove what I want removed?

Simple.....Your kidding

I've got at least 100 things in there. Doesn't look like that is the way to go. :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back