How to remove TestDriveUnlimited 1.66a patch?

virgoandy

OSNN Newbie
Hi, i have a problem whereby after having installed and updated my Test Drive unlimited version to 1.66A from 1.45a, my TDU game cant work!

I can load it and everything but when i am in my house ( when u load the game), a "... Connection is lost" message pops up and i have no choice but to click on it...

which promptly closes the game and lands me on my Desktop. I have had no such issues with the previous version and i'm using a Vista. Its not the original game which means that it was downloaded via a torrent. >.<

Now i just regret not making a copy of the files before implementing the patch, tried reinstalling but doesn't work, really need to revert it back to old version guys!

Srry for long post but any help is DEEPLY APPRECIATED!!

I would suggest reinstalling everything.

I hope that if you keep your saved game, i.e. copy it and keep it saved for the new install, it should theoretically load everything back up and work correctly.

1.66 introduced a whole bunch of new things and fixed some bugs but the sheer size of the game and some crappy programming led to minor issues creeping in.

Sorry dude, it's the only thing that typically works for people :(

oh.. uh i lost the installer.
Must have removed it by accident.

Is there no other way beside re-downloading TDU?

all helpful comments appreciated! Thanks!

Well, re-download or re-install... whatever it is.

I have the full copy, but I got the digital download version so I got it from the atari website. Do you have the legit copy? If you have the legit DL'd copy, you can just get the installer from the website.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back