How to remove recycle bin

Peter

OSNN Junior Addict
whats the easiest and quickest and easiest way to remove the recycle bin from the desktop???

regards

Peter

Teddy

Boogie Nights...!
Peter said:
whats the easiest and quickest and easiest way to remove the recycle bin from the desktop???

regards

Peter

I've attached the file for download..it lets you remove and restore the Bin to the desktop.

"You can remove the Recycle Bin from your desktop, without loosing the ability to delete files. You can still right-click on a file and select Delete, as well as using the Del key on your keyboard. Furthermore, there will still be a Recycle Bin directory on every drive. To add the Delete option to the Recycle Bin's context menu, follow these instructions:

Download the Rename Recycle Bin Registry Patch (1k)
Double-click on add delete to recycle bin.reg to make the change - it should take effect immediately.
You'll then be able to remove the Recycle Bin by right-clicking on it, and selecting Delete.
This will also add the Rename option to the Recycle Bin's context menu. (see Rename the Recycle Bin for more information)."

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
TweakUI will do it for ya no probs

If you have XP pro can do it this way
1) Go to START and select Run
2) Type GPEDIT.MSC
3) Navagate to User Configuration | Administrative Templates | Click on Desktop
4) On the right hand search " Remove Recycle Bin icon on the desktop " and double left click on it to ENABLE it.

or on XP Home
Create or modify the following registry entry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel
{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}

REG_DWORD

0x00000001

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Do you mean not use a recycling bin? Just permanantly delete the files?

Right click the recycle bin>properties>"Do Not Move Files To Recycle Bin"

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
NLM said:
right click on desktop /select arrange icons by/ uncheck view desktop icons
That would remove all the icons, wouldn't it? ;)

Here's what you need to do to remove only the Recycle Bin icon from the desktop in XP Pro.
1) Start>Run>gpedit.msc
2) Go to User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Desktop
3) On the right-side pane, look for "Remove Recycle Bin icon on the desktop", double click it, and select Enable.

yoyo

Or (especially if you are using XP Home) add this registry value

{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E} REG_DWORD 0x00000001

to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel
or/and
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\ClassicStartMenu

If any of the above keys isn't there, create it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samhicks