I've attached the file for download..it lets you remove and restore the Bin to the desktop.
"You can remove the Recycle Bin from your desktop, without loosing the ability to delete files. You can still right-click on a file and select Delete, as well as using the Del key on your keyboard. Furthermore, there will still be a Recycle Bin directory on every drive. To add the Delete option to the Recycle Bin's context menu, follow these instructions:
Download the Rename Recycle Bin Registry Patch (1k)
Double-click on add delete to recycle bin.reg to make the change - it should take effect immediately.
You'll then be able to remove the Recycle Bin by right-clicking on it, and selecting Delete.
This will also add the Rename option to the Recycle Bin's context menu. (see Rename the Recycle Bin for more information)."
If you have XP pro can do it this way
1) Go to START and select Run
2) Type GPEDIT.MSC
3) Navagate to User Configuration | Administrative Templates | Click on Desktop
4) On the right hand search " Remove Recycle Bin icon on the desktop " and double left click on it to ENABLE it.
or on XP Home
Create or modify the following registry entry
Here's what you need to do to remove only the Recycle Bin icon from the desktop in XP Pro.
2) Go to User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Desktop
3) On the right-side pane, look for "Remove Recycle Bin icon on the desktop", double click it, and select Enable.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS