How to Recover Data Files from a Formatted Hard Disk

percy

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi. I had found a thread that discusses this issue way back 2004 and I was thinking that other people can update the issue is there are new options to recover it.

My problem, I had reformatted my notebook's harddisk and installed XP and its drivers from a Sony Disc.

I just realized that I was not able to backup my "web site" files under "Program Files" since I thought all data are saved in my "My Documets" which I had a backup.

Is there a new way how to recover back the OLD setup and files so that I can retrieve my data?

Thank you.

percy

OSNN Senior Addict
I had used GetDataBack. I had removed my notebook hard disk and made it as a usb drive then run the GetDataBack software and opened my "to recover hard disk" and run the program. It ran for almost 2 hours and it had displayed numerous partitions that had has color codes. Green and Red dots and I believe Green dots means that the files can be recoverd and Red dots means the file is possible unrecoverable already. Browsed the Good folders and coied the files to my other hard disk.
I was able to recover the folders and files that I needed.
This is after I had deleted the partition, created partition, slowly reformatted and re-installed OS and drivers. I thought this would not work but it did.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qotipory