How to quiet my PC?

D

Digerati

I custom built my PIII 750 and I was wondering what I could do to minimize the noise it makes while operating, which is quite alot.

Either my power supply, CPU fan, or hard drives (or maybe a combination of all 3) are the culprits.

Anyhow, anyone have any guess as to which might be the true culprit or what i can do to get it more quiet. I'm getting really envious of the Dell computers I'm using at work, quiet as a baby when running. Mine sounds like turbine hell, system runs great, just operates loud.

I have an antec case (830x or something) with a 300 antec PS, a generic CPU fan for my PIII 750 (socket 370) and 2 western digital 7200rpm hard drives (20 gigs each).

Should I get a new PS? fans? etc.?

Any tips?

well there are several things you could try. Soundproof matting or getting some new fans with a low dBa output or get some products from a company caled quietPC. They make PSU that are very very quiet. You could also try doing th 7v mod on you fans or even put in a rehostat

http://www.quietpc.com

One of the things often overlooked when building and keeping it quiet a PC is the quality of the case. You mentioned Dell, look at the quality of there cases. Thrown that $ 25.99 POS in the bin and go and buy a $100 one ;) :D

I use blue tac on any rattles. Works well. Of course my new system doesn't rattle. :D Yet.

thanks for all the suggestions so far, and btw, my case is a quality $99 Antec SOHO case

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back