• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to quiet my PC?

D

Digerati

I custom built my PIII 750 and I was wondering what I could do to minimize the noise it makes while operating, which is quite alot.

Either my power supply, CPU fan, or hard drives (or maybe a combination of all 3) are the culprits.

Anyhow, anyone have any guess as to which might be the true culprit or what i can do to get it more quiet. I'm getting really envious of the Dell computers I'm using at work, quiet as a baby when running. Mine sounds like turbine hell, system runs great, just operates loud.

I have an antec case (830x or something) with a 300 antec PS, a generic CPU fan for my PIII 750 (socket 370) and 2 western digital 7200rpm hard drives (20 gigs each).

Should I get a new PS? fans? etc.?

Any tips?

P

pothitos

well there are several things you could try. Soundproof matting or getting some new fans with a low dBa output or get some products from a company caled quietPC. They make PSU that are very very quiet. You could also try doing th 7v mod on you fans or even put in a rehostat

D

Digerati

thanks for all the suggestions so far, and btw, my case is a quality $99 Antec SOHO case

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poordown814