• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to password protect a folder??

i dont thin you can, i know there were ways to do it on older versions of windows, but on xp you can restrict other users from certain folders

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
Ah well I don't use it and nobody said the answer I gave so I didn't know if I was the right track :D
Sometimes I think I know whats being asked till someone replies and I realise I was miles off :eek: :D

Howling Wolf

We did not deserve this !
I use Folder Guard (Pro or Free [features vary]), you can hide folders, deny access, hide content,... very usefull (the app. itself is password protected, and there is a switch to activate or desactivate it on demand, it's your concern to hide the switch command (a shortcut actually) somewhere not too visible (in a system folder for example ;) )).

Evil Marge said:
Ah well I don't use it and nobody said the answer I gave so I didn't know if I was the right track :D
Sometimes I think I know whats being asked till someone replies and I realise I was miles off :eek: :D
Hehe, actually your idea was pretty nice if someone doesn't want to use third-party products (although it does have its limitations). I think you deserve some rep points for the thought. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies