how to overclock althon 1.10GHz

J

jake123456789

How to overclock AMD althon (tm) XP 1.10GHz with 256 RAM. What can this computer upgrade to?

what? do you want to get a new computer or just a new cpu or just more memory or what ?

if looking to overclock you have to make sure that your bios on your motherboard will allow you to and that you have adequate cooling so that information needs to be presented...

tell us your motherboard maker/type/bios revision number as well as cooling in your case... :)

then people can tell you what to do and how high/low you can go...

Motherboard is GA-7ZXE VIA KT133A AGPset ..

also wanna to know what is the max CPu and Ram can put in for my motherboard?

your mobo Supports socket A amd duron/athlon 600MHz ~ 1.5GHz and faster processors and Supports up to 1.5GB DRAM

im not sure i never overclocked any of my PC's yet but from what others have told me it all depends on your PC.all PC's overclock differently and you need lots of cooling.so if you put a 1.5 GHZ processor in there id say you can probally o/c it to about 1.6 - 1.7 GHZ maybe higher but make sure you gots lots of cooling.but i would wait to ask others on this site they all know alot more then i do

bhxtyrant is just being modest...

am heading off to work... will post when I come back to go to school :)

in about 3 hours or so..

http://www.str8buy.com/gigga7viakt1.html

thats a link for your motherboard and shows maximum memory and cpu that you can put into it... could probably put in other cpu's with a bios change but I would contact gigabyte first before doing so...

as per how much you can overclock it you will need to have a manual or something showing maximum increase to your bus (which is 133 per the info I see on the website) and the increments..

on my board with air cooling I can go o 144 or so without any problems... I have not clocked higher since I don't want to blow out my components... but it is rock soild @ 144fsb...

you might want to look around online or in your motherboard manual about the maximum clock speed...

:)

btw overclocking voids your warranties if any so don't attempt unless you have some semblance of an idea about what you are doing...

g.luck

jake, there is no definite amount that your cpu will overclock to.
Just increment your fsb in the smallest amounts your bios will allow to find a stable speed. Make sure you have some kind of monitoring software going so you can check your cpu doesn't get too hot.

A good program to check the stability of your cpu after overclocking is prime 95, which you can get here. Your cpu will get hotter than usual when running this, ie. when running normally at 100% cpu usage my cpu is at 41C but with prime 95 running, temp is up around 45C.
Good luck and have fun:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back