How to network

L

Lactic.Acid

This is a great tutorial and walk-through on networking. It explains a lot, very clearly, explains a few different options in different areas of networking, and should answer many "How do I network..." questions. Check it out here
This is a write-up that JJB6486 did that will soon be posted to the site.

Also see these articles for more information on specific features from MS.
Home networking guide
How to create user accounts
Internet Connection Firewall
Troubleshoot Home Networking with XP
Internet Connection Sharing
File Sharing & Permissions in XP

This explains the setup of ZoneAlarm/ZoneAlarm Pro
XP File Sharing
/Lactic

Please also post valuable links that you have found for networking XP, as well as 2K/NT/ME/98/95/Linux/anything else. I will take those links and incorporate them into the parent post and give the poster credit for the link.
/Lactic

Basic Networking How-To

Here is a basic networking how-to guide for setting up a simple LAN for file sharing:

http://home.attbi.com/~dabomb4097/netguide/

It will be posted to the networking section of the main site when the admin has the time to upload it.

JJB6486

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back