how to make a recovery disk?

F

fitfella29

what program is there out there that allow me to make my own recovery disk?

thanks

XP has a recovery console>

Install XP Recovery Console

You can install the Recovery Console as an option on your startup menu and use it to recover your system in the event that safe mode and other startup options don’t work. This tool is for advanced users. To install the Recovery Console as a startup option
1. With Windows XP running, insert your Windows XP CD in the drive, and click Exit when the installation options are displayed.
2. Click Start, click Run, and then type D:/i386/winnt32.exe \cmdcons Where D: is the CD-ROM drive letter, and then press Enter. (There is a space between .exe and the slash. The slash needs to be a backslash)
3. Follow the instructions on screen to install the Recovery Console, and when the installation is complete, restart your computer.
4. The Recovery Console will show up in the list of available operating systems in the Startup menu. You must be an administrator to use the Recovery Console.
5. If the i386 directory is already installed on your computer (as might be the case in computers purchased with Windows XP pre-installed), you can use the same syntax as in Step 2, using the [path]i386 directory without having to use the CD.
An alternative method is to boot to the CD and start WINNT.EXE, then when prompted to Install or Repair, click Repair, which installs the Recovery Console for you.If Windows XP will not start, you can run the Recovery Console from the Setup CD.

sounds complicated but thanks,could i use norton ghost 2003?

Ghost and recovery disk

Yes, you certainly can use Ghost 2003 to make a recovery disk. I made two just yesterday. Both work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back