How to limit ADSL Speed???

Dan04

OSNN Addict
Hellloooooo

I have a billion 7402 router and all the pc's hook up to it and i am wondering is there any program that limits the speeds to computers with certain ip addresses etc?? as seeing i pay for the net and use it alot i wanna get full speed pretty much and slow every other computer down to 56k otherwise it just gets hammered...

anyones help is very much appreciated.. thanks ;)

You should be able to do that from within the router...this is from your products datasheet...

QoS Control
• LAN to WAN traffic prioritization and bandwidth
management
• Traffic prioritization and bandwidth management
based-on IP protocol, port number and address

Do you have the manual that came with it? May be on a CD vs. a printed one.

yeh thaat just has a thing wether or not certain packets should be considered of a high priority or not from wat i gather

EDIT: I found the part to do the throttling boy does it look confusing hehe :p

There's no downloadable manual that I can find or I'd see if I could explain it for you. It probably looks a lot more daunting than it really is. Just take your time and experiment on 1 PC till you have it right. Good luck!

ill paste via jpg what i c on my screen if that helps :)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 145
Looks to me like you have to do some research into your software. If you know the offending bandwith-hog apps, then you can enter their common name under "Application", use the "Any" protocol, the port #'s the app uses(can usually be found in the configuration of said program), leave "Source" and "Destination" ip's to 0.0.0.0 for any and type in the amount of bandwith you want to allow. Looks like the smallest # is 32k, but I saw on a forum that you can go smaller...not that you'd really want to. Make sure use check the "Enable" box, too.

A common example. The file sharing program WinMX uses TCP 6699 and UDP 6257 ports by default. You would have to create an entry for each of those ports. I'm not positive, but you may be able to throttle any port/ip but you may want to look here http://www.741ge.com/forums/ as they can probably help you better...I have never used this brand and am basically flying blind without having one here to experiment with.

yeh thanks for that, i have been mucking around with it but yeh got things to sometimes be slowed and somethings should be slowed but dont appear to me but oh well ill keep trying, thanks very much again :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back