How to know if your mobo runs dual proc.

Agurri

I am what I am
I've been running a Dual P3 800 mhz with a SuperMicro 370DLE with 768 megs (just added 512) for a while now. It runs Win2k without any problems, but when I open the task manager, under the performance tab, I only see 1 processor, but my brother told me I should be seeing 2. I found very strange only 1 processor would be running and 1 processor would saty there not working without crashing the computer... Any tip I could use to see if both processors are working properly ?

Agurri

open the case and make sure there are 2 chips. THen reboot and check the bios shows 2 processors.

LordOfLA said:
open the case and make sure there are 2 chips. THen reboot and check the bios shows 2 processors.

I couldn't have said it any better than that Lord.

Nice. ;)

Oh I dunno Master. I think you would have said Then instead of THen and that by itself would have been better :smoker:

Naturally I kid :cool:

I also believe you have to let windows know if it hasnt automatically detected the second chip.

Go the Device Manager -> Computer - > ACPI xxxxxxx PC

If it says Multiprocessor then you are set, but if it says uniprocessor then you need to change this to Multiprocessor.

To do that in case you dont know, just right click on the name and go to "update driver". From here choose "Install from a list or specific location" then choose "Dont search, I will choose... etc etc" then select the Multiprocessor driver and hit ok.

That should do it for ya.

But make sure you have 2 CPUs by physically checking as changin this could mess something up. Also, in Device Manager you cannot go by lookin under "Processors" as HyperThreading will make it show two (altho you CPU may not support HyperThreading, just making a general comment).

Aprox said:
I also believe you have to let windows know if it hasnt automatically detected the second chip.

Go the Device Manager -> Computer - > ACPI xxxxxxx PC

If it says Multiprocessor then you are set, but if it says uniprocessor then you need to change this to Multiprocessor.

To do that in case you dont know, just right click on the name and go to "update driver". From here choose "Install from a list or specific location" then choose "Dont search, I will choose... etc etc" then select the Multiprocessor driver and hit ok.

That should do it for ya.

Hum, I can't seem to find the Device Manager... where is it ? Remember, I use Win2k.

Sweet, multiprocessor driver wasnt enabled. That's sweet now :)

Thanks alot guys

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back