How to hide the changed administrator account on login screen?

T

TommyLee

hello,
i have changed "Administrator" to "Router" account and now "Router" appears on login screen with other accounts. how to avoid this?
thank you!

Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > Change the Way Users Log On or Off > check "Use the Welcome Screen"

boom

:cool:

hello Iceman38,
surely i knew that thing you have just said...
maybe i asked not clear questions...
0. i want to use this welcome screen with choice of users
1. i needed to rename default "Administrator" to "Router", by default the system hides account "Administrator" if you use welcome screen and shows that only if you run in safe mode.
3. how to say the system to hide "Router" rather than "Administrator" on this welcome screen???
thanks in advance!

Yes, I misunderstood, sorry, let me look into it, I don't know off hand if you even can.

You might try this, not sure if it will work with the adminstrator account or not.....

I found this, this is not my words, good luck

When you add an account for certain users with Windows XP, their user names will appear on the Welcome Screen. Sometimes a user needs to be added to a Windows XP machine, because he needs access (via the network) to resources on the machine, but he will not be physically logging in on the computer. You can remove his name from the Welcome Screen, while still maintaining the user account.

Start the Registry Editor
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Winlogon \ SpecialAccounts \ UserList \
Right-click an empty space in the right pane and select New > DWORD Value
Name the new value exactly as the Username
Leave the Value data as 0
If you want to enable this user again on the Welcome Screen, either double-click the Username value, and change the Value data to 0, or delete the Username
Close the registry editor

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back