How to get the cpu ussage as background?

K

kuvve

I've seen many desktop pics of u guys and noticed that u have a background of the cpu usage and system temperature as background...can someone help me out by telling how to do that? thx..

ok thanks...
but cant seem to get the temperature to display in celsius..and the fahrenheit display shows 32 all the time..

???

In order to get the temps and fan speeds you nedd motherboard monitor installed... Youy don't have to use it just have it installede... Although it did'nt work for me... Think I'll try it again...

well I did what u said but still the temperature is the same..
still cant get out of this:)

I tried a newer version of MotherBoard Monitor and it wouldn't work for me. You can download a slightly older version (5.09) here. The program size was too big to attach as one file so i had to rar it down to fit the attachment limitation of the forum. Download mbm.rar from this post. Then download mbm.r00 and mbm.r01 from the following two posts.

Just make sure you install and configure mmb first. Then you can configure coolinfo the way you like.

For my temperatures to display both Celcius and Farenheit, my script it set up like this:

CPU Temp: <NAME=Temp3 FORMAT="f">ºF | <NAME=Temp3 FORMAT="c">ºC
MB Temp: <name=temp2 format="f">ºF | <name=temp2 format="c">ºC
SYS Temp: <NAME=Temp1 format="f">ºF | <NAME=Temp1 format="c">ºC

which gives me this affect:

temps.jpg

First mbm file:

rename this file to "mbm.r00." I couldn't upload it with it's original extension.

Second mbm file:

Last File and final note. Rename this one to "mbm.r01." You don't have to have mbm running in the background to run coolinfo, but it does need to be configured properly before it will display your temperatures. Have fun :D

Thanks Lonman... That fixed my problem... The version I had was 5102... It did'nt work at all with my motherboard... Any ideas why?!?

coolinfo reads information from a certain .dll in mbm. I think the newer versions are designed differently.

thx it works now took me some time to set evetyhing up but it worked out anyway...thanks for all the help:)

Just so you know.....

IF you run the newer version of CoolMon, you'll have to install the newer version of Motherboard Monitor, and the newer .dll file.

CoolMon version 87
Motherboard Moniter 5102

Those are what I use.

hey that for the mobo info i use and ike coolinfo :D

AlecStaar i think most people know that the OS gives u the info , but i also know most people like cool things i know i Do that why people download and use the little program :D .. im not FLAMEING U im just stating my point of view !! :D

You sound snobbish, Alec

I have never had the program crash on me once.

My personal opinion:

I think it is wrong to flame someone else for their concept or works. If you think it is so bad then design something better to prove that it is "erroneously made hunk of junk". At least give them credit for what they have done, because alot of people do use it and like it.

lol.. feel the testosterone flow....lol

j/k...

To be honest, as arrogant as alec can sound sometimes.. i do take his word on this one. i ran that program yesterday, it sucked! All my temps ran 32 degrees F... lol i KNOW thats not the case. No fan speeds read at all... and there was something else that didnt work (cant remember). I threw it right in the recycle bin.

I like CPUCool myself. works well.

Does taskmanager sit on my desktop with transparency? Nope
Do I have have to hit Ctrl + Alt + Delete do view this info with coolmon? Nope
Does taskmanager show my tempartures (even if not accurate, it's an idea)? Nope

You haven't proved anything to me about how crappy this program is. I believe that people boosted your esteem with the registry program. Yet, that is my point of view or my opinion.

First of all: API CALLING CODE LIKE THAT? Cake...
What the hell is that?

Second of all: NOT CHECKING IF YOUR DATASETS YOU NEED TO ANALYZE ARE PRESENT? DUMB!
Uh?

Third of all: It's crap! Taskmgr.exe already shows you this & LOADS more in the OS!
Please show me where it tells me the fan speeds or the tempartures.

I don't know anything about programming, so your points of view about the coding are worthless to me. Therefore you haven't proved anything. You "bashing" someone's work is showing me "poor sportsmanship" if you would call it that. All I see about your opinions on other programs is they are crap or what not. Are you alway this negative to people in the same field of interest as you?

when coolinfo is in the system tray right click it... menu will popup... choose the top option ( i believe it was display options)... it will give you options for temp and fans there.

Originally posted by pc_tek
lol.. feel the testosterone flow....lol

j/k...

To be honest, as arrogant as alec can sound sometimes.. i do take his word on this one. i ran that program yesterday, it sucked! All my temps ran 32 degrees F... lol i KNOW thats not the case. No fan speeds read at all... and there was something else that didnt work (cant remember). I threw it right in the recycle bin.

I like CPUCool myself. works well.

Ummm you have to open Motherboard Monitor and mess with the settings there. All my temps read 32 too, UNTIl I messed with the settings. Just open MBM, set the settings, then close MBM, open CoolInfo(Mon) and that is it. It tells you that.

Originally posted by AlecStaar

Oh, this is nothing... I challenged them two years ago, to outbuild the 24 apps I have online... & this is what they come up with after 2 YEARS?

LOL... junk! Why'd I do that? Because as I newbie, they cut me up so bad, or tried to, & I ANNIHILATED THEM ALL OVER THEIR FORUMS, & they banned me, threatened my life for showing them all as BIG TALKERS... talk, but no action!

Producing nothing... lol, & now? Producing fundamentally flawed, seriously flawed, crap!

For treating myself & other new folks there like that, I took them apart as they attacked me there... TOTALLY! Each time... think that was all?

So, you can ask Philipp@NTCompatible.com if he had to kick them out of his site, after being busted there posting under false nicks (of which I have their IP's now mostly all thru various means as well) & also at 3dfiles.com too... caught again! Trying to get to me, & losing... the funniest was PeterB/DrPizza, trying to tell me NTFS was not harmed by fragmentation I can dig that one up right quick...

He has not tried with me since... their technically best there. What a joke! He's the worst, & the truth in front of their own moderators, whom I repeatedly technically floored (And yes, I tried to be nice & make pals with even) could not take it & banned me & began a 2 years long attempt at that with me... even to cutting down programs I wrote at CNET & being caught there too, which was UTTERLY HILARIOUS!

The funniest part? Watching them get caught & banned each time... that is hilarious people! Trust me on that one!

Dudes... believe me... this is funny to me like you cannot believe!

Hey kids, can you say "Amateurs"? AH, knew you could... lol!

* Sorry, no joke... just truth! I am armed with that I told them I had in front of their own: TRUTH!

(The truth that arstechnica, for all their bluster & cut-down of newbies there... suck at computers! This proves it. They cannot code their way out of a wet paper bag, or shoot the broad side of a barn... lol, & that's from the inside!)

You don't write a program that depends on data, without checking if it is present first! I mean... lol, do you dive into concrete bottom pools without checking if the water is there first? NO!

DO you skydive without packing your chute first... no, well if you are from ARSTECHNICA, you do... ROFLMAO!

* Living dangerously, & coding crap: Arstechnica!

:)

APK

Glad I don't support you or your program. Hate to invest in arrogance.

To make this blunt.

You talk alot of shit about a program that they made. You have, yet, made a program to outdue Coolmon. Who cares what you did past about telling them to outdue your 24 programs. Oh well I guess all that matters if you know your arrogantand try to make your stuff seem better then others.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back