How to get mp3 from a dvd

Anakist

Way too much time here...
What do I need to do to rip mp3 files from a dvd?? I know I need a dvd drive so dont anyone bother with that one. What apps? I am thinking I will need the progs to rip dvd's to vcd's, then cut the single mp3 track into the seperate songs, but I am not sure.

James

yeah, you will need to exact the .vob files, use SmartRipper for instance. Then from the .vob files you can send them to DVD2AVI, and then save the project in dvd2avi and it'll give you a 48khz .wav then just .wav -> .mp3 Use soundforge if desired ;)

I don't know the exact links to the software but you can probaly just google for it.

Cool Thanks. Will that be as one big wav for the whold dvd? Or will each track be seperate?? I tried to copy shrek to vcd and there was one big mp3 that I had to cut in half to put on vcd's.

James

hi,

yea i dont understsand why you would want to save the mp3 file. i mean if its for shriek. I own a ministry of Sound 2003 DVD and i want to take the songs from there. So i ripped it with smartrip and extracted the .VOB files from the dvd and ripped the audio track to wav. Merely encoding wav to mp3 then u get the whole dvd. but the whole mp3 is one lump like a 70Mb file for the whole cd. u need to cut it up after.

I was using shrek as an example. I managed to rip my rammstein DVD tracks. It was in chapters so it worked out ok.

James

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back