How to get a Screenshot with Windows Media Player?

A

AaronMcarthur

I'm trying to get a screenshot with Windows Media Player. I have a movie playing, so I hit Print Screen on the keyboard so it will capture the picture. But when I go to paint, then click {edit}>{paste} I dont see nothing. The pic isnt there. I use to be able to do this but I had to decrease something like resolution under My Computer, but I forgot. Does anyone know how?

I DON'T EVEN SEE THE PIC, how would I save it as a jpg?

ok, open clipboard, minimize clipboard, hit print screen, hit file, hit save as, save as jpg

To make a screenshot of WMP you have first to turn hardware acceleration off. In MediaPlayer > tools > options > performance tab > move the video acceleration slider to none.

Ay! You guys are totally off... *L* Aaron, this is something we use at work all the time. Try SHIFT + Print Screen OR CTRL + Print Screen. One of those should work. It doesn't require any type of settings to be modified with Media Player.

Hmmm :confused: What I suggested works for me. With video acceleration enabled all I get is a black picture, without it I get an actual screenshot. Do you have at least this black picture in your clipboard or nothing at all?

he's just lost. =\ it works.

Hi,

WinDVD4 allows you to take "in-movie" screenshots with the click of a button (Capture [P]). Try playing your movie in WinDVD and grab your screens from there.

Kind regards,
Willem Moolenaar

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back