• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to get a Screenshot with Windows Media Player?

A

AaronMcarthur

I'm trying to get a screenshot with Windows Media Player. I have a movie playing, so I hit Print Screen on the keyboard so it will capture the picture. But when I go to paint, then click {edit}>{paste} I dont see nothing. The pic isnt there. I use to be able to do this but I had to decrease something like resolution under My Computer, but I forgot. Does anyone know how?

yoyo

To make a screenshot of WMP you have first to turn hardware acceleration off. In MediaPlayer > tools > options > performance tab > move the video acceleration slider to none.

B

bruce_ers00

Ay! You guys are totally off... *L* Aaron, this is something we use at work all the time. Try SHIFT + Print Screen OR CTRL + Print Screen. One of those should work. It doesn't require any type of settings to be modified with Media Player.

yoyo

Hmmm :confused: What I suggested works for me. With video acceleration enabled all I get is a black picture, without it I get an actual screenshot. Do you have at least this black picture in your clipboard or nothing at all?

E

eNuffSaid

Hi,

WinDVD4 allows you to take "in-movie" screenshots with the click of a button (Capture [P]). Try playing your movie in WinDVD and grab your screens from there.

Kind regards,
Willem Moolenaar

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evaiwhitis