how to flash bios and highpoint

Originally posted by stapler101
Ziptrix, I guess my ? was, since everything seems to be working using the xp built in highpoint and 4 in 1, should I flash to get the "new and improved" highpoint and should I install the new 4
.37 4in1?
Ohhhhhh. my fault. That is all up to you. I did it and have no problems. I only had problems when I used the 2.3 drivers and bios together. Some people will say "why fix it if it ain't broke" others say upgrade and see. if they work better for you then stay with them. my advice is to benchmark your system now and after you upgrade and see which is better.

good luck.

now I got an error message (to fast to study, but I think it said) pfn_list is corrupt. The system then rebooted and came on up.

I am lost. I have only installed: mb,cdrom, burner, ram, cable modem(network) card.
I guess the flash is my last option and then I give up!
I better look because I think I told you guys I needed bios 65, when I actually need 64.

Thanks for all your help and advice.

yes 64 is the lastest NONbeta bios out for Abit KT7 (a) motherboards.

HIP HIP Horray!! I ain't been so nervous since my first time!
(flashing a bios I mean).
I now have bios 4a (I hope this is the equal to abit 64), highpoint bios 200919A, and highpoint driver 200919.0.

Lonman, many, many thanks to you! I know you are tired of this thread, but without you spelling the steps out, I would have never made the flash work. You da man!

ZipTrix, thanks for your help!

I hope I have seen the last "corrupt file" screen!!
Thanks again!!!

Mike (stapler101)

Right on. I'm glad things went well with the flash... it can be nerve racking. I really hope it fixes your problem for you, time will tell. You're welcome for the help. ;)

Here's my last piece of advice. NEVER flash the bios while being stoned. I did that and forgot to unplug my system when I cleared the CMOS. Well needless to say, I booted up after clearing the CMOS and my monitor received no signal. So I pulled everything out just to take the motherboard to be tested and it came back ok. Store didn't know what had happen either. So remember to ALWAYS unplug your system BEFORE clearning the CMOS.

Glad things went ok for you.

Dang, I did not clear the cmos after flash> I did go back in a reset all settings. They had changed a lot. Any danger in me not clearing?
Everything seems fine!

I don't think there is. If you're up and running fine, I wouldn't worry about it.

lol, you got lucky.... usually when you don't unplug, clear cmos via the jumper you wouldn't even boot-up... it just sorta hangs there not going through the POST.

If you clear the CMOS on an Asus motherboard, without unplugging it, it'll startup when you pull the jumper off. LOL

Done that to an Asus board I had. maybe they should make the power cord in front so I'll remember to unplug it. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back