How to fix windows 10 feezing on sleep mode

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
Looks like a common issue, once I upgraded the os, neither sleep nor hibernate is stable, and even cold shutting down will sometimes freeze. I tried a bunch of fixes, the one that worked for me was rolling back the mei driver

Download the older MEI (Management Engine Interface) version 9 or 10

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66001-66500/sp66228.exe.

That link is to a driver that comes from the hp site, I'm not sure it will work on all computers, if not just get to your manufacturer's site and find the mei driver version 9 or 10

Make sure you create a restore point, install, you'll get a warning a more current driver exists, accept that warning and install anyway

Once installed you have to prevent windows from updating this driver so make sure you hide the mei driver update when it appears again

I find DUMO very useful for making sure my drivers are up to date -- not so much for updating, but telling me there is an update!

Problem with that, the most recent driver is what breaks the box, for those with this problem they probably need the old driver rather then the new one

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back