How to find the product key in XP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

purush

Is there any way I can find the product key in XP. If so where is it ?

You mean the registration number?.. right click on "my computer" and click properties.

Key ?

I mean the product key starting with FC etc, except I don't have the corp version so where is it ? mine is an OEM version from Dell and I don't have the CD with me at the moment.

hmm...

sounds like the Devils Own.

Key starting with FC, I think it goes on like KGW ;) :p

Re: Key ?

Originally posted by purush
I mean the product key starting with FC etc, except I don't have the corp version so where is it ? mine is an OEM version from Dell and I don't have the CD with me at the moment.

I also have an OEM copy of XP which came with my Dell.

The Key is on a sticker which for me, was attached to the underside of the laptop.

Guy

Sounds a bit suss to me. If you have the original packaging/cd case then you should have the product key. Unless of course you have lost it like so many people seem to do.

I think purush didn't bought his XP legally.

Come on Purush admit you have a warez version of XP ;)
It is always the same they lost the cd-key, the can't find there cd-case blablabla :p

Buy a legal version of XP and you will have a product-key ;)

e-mail me and or pm me and ill tell you how to change it

Originally posted by sboulema
I think purush didn't bought his XP legally.

Come on Purush admit you have a warez version of XP ;)
It is always the same they lost the cd-key, the can't find there cd-case blablabla :p

Buy a legal version of XP and you will have a product-key ;)

heh, why else would he/she want to know where to find it =)

Some OEM software doesnt need a CD Key. I've worked on Dell's with Win ME that when it comes time to enter the CD Key the key is already pre-entered by the software. You may not even need to enter one in the case of reinstallation.

The CD Key should be on a sticker attached to the case somewhere. Look around

JJB

Ok I apoligize to purush :rolleyes: :)
I believe him about he bought XP

To find your product key, try Tweak-xp
You can find it here

Hope this helps :D

Who cares if the guy bought it or not. You act like microsoft or any other company would die and go out of business because of a "few" people who choose not to pay for software. I personally work for a company that gets tons of software from manufacturers in hope that we would roll it out on users desktops, does that make me a thief because i take it and use it for myself? I think the people who bitch and moan about legitimate software are the guys who can't get it or they have a guilty conscience in general. of all the crap going on in the world, why does some bootleg software seem so evil? companies will still develop it regardless of bootlegging and will always do so. Im done with my ranting so flame away on me but it'll never change my opinion. I will NEVER EVER pay for software and while the "legitimate" people bitch, i'll save my money for more meaningful things.

Originally posted by Dlovely
Who cares if the guy bought it or not. You act like microsoft or any other company would die and go out of business because of a "few" people who choose not to pay for software. I personally work for a company that gets tons of software from manufacturers in hope that we would roll it out on users desktops, does that make me a thief because i take it and use it for myself? I think the people who bitch and moan about legitimate software are the guys who can't get it or they have a guilty conscience in general. of all the crap going on in the world, why does some bootleg software seem so evil? companies will still develop it regardless of bootlegging and will always do so. Im done with my ranting so flame away on me but it'll never change my opinion. I will NEVER EVER pay for software and while the "legitimate" people bitch, i'll save my money for more meaningful things.

WOW!!

I don't act like Microsoft will go bankrupt if you don't buy your XP. I know it makes no differencdes because Microsft has enough money, but I think it is bad for little companies that make software. If there software gets cracked, then they have a great chance off getting bankrupt. And *uhm* I don't pay for my software either ;) *uhm*

Originally posted by sboulema
And *uhm* I don't pay for my software either ;) *uhm*

Does anyone :confused:

Seriously though, this debate has been raging on since God was a boy, yet still it continues. We may as well just face it - the pirates will keep piratin' and the anti-piracy lobby will keep whinging but nothin will ever change. It hasn't in the 20 - odd years I've been using computers and I dont expect it to in the next 20 either.

I think peoples attitudes have changed.. people dont respect or think about the money you pay for software, feeds employee's to they can at least have a normal life.

In an extreme case, pirated software could force a company to go into liquidation, thus causing (x) number of redundancies, thus causing unemployment to go up, thus causing governments to raise taxes to give out money to the enemployed. -- Thats an extreme case, but not really impossible!

Besides which dont you pirates ever feel guilt?.. I guess not:rolleyes:

So you're saying that pirating software is going to destroy families or what :confused:
I think that all the people on this forum are running at least 1 program that they did not bought. Simply because it is to expensive to buy all the programs you need to work with your computer. :rolleyes:

I think you may use pirated software, but to keep the companies alive, buy a game or program once in a while :)

Originally posted by catch23
I'm going to make this discussion more specific.

To top off high priced software....Microsoft adds this activation crap...they deserve every penny they lose from piracy for Windows/Office XP.

Thats better catch23, what i mean is I DONT AGREE with pirating. But I DO agree that prices are too high.

I can see why people pirate, I just dont do it myself, as I work for a soft. company.. I know how hard it is to stop pirating. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back