How to find out the type of file.......

W

wufong

I have an AVI file but I cannot open it with Media Player or DivX player. Both of these players tell me that this is not a real AVI file. My question is- Is there a way I can find out exactly what the file really is?( Properties on the right click menu tells me nothing)........:confused: :confused: :confused:

Are you looking under the advanced screen on the summary tab..
Just looked here and it tells me the codec. (see attachment)

download gspot, that should tell you the codec information of the file

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Are you looking under the advanced screen on the summary tab..
Just looked here and it tells me the codec. (see attachment)

Speedy, it tells me that there is information available ( the tab screen is just grey with no info at all....):confused:

Originally posted by Geffy
download gspot, that should tell you the codec information of the file

Geffy, Gspot tells me that it is not an AVI file and ....... that's all!! haha! Kinda doesn't help much ( this was the first thing I checked it with....)Thanks for the tip tho' bud;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back