How to encode video files from Blu-ray source .m2ts using Graphics card

iNs

OSNN Junior Addict
Does anyone know of a working software that can encode video from a .m2ts source using the graphics card to accelerate the process?

It would be nice to chop 90% of the time off of a 24 hour encode. 2 hours is waaay better than 24 hours.

Does super do gcard acceleration?
I think that was the OP question?

Thanks for the response tdinc. SUPER looks pretty good. Can it encode from a blu-ray disc source? Or do you need to rip it first?

Also, is it GPU accelerated encoding? I was looking for something like badaboom but working already :laugh:

I appreciate the responses.

i am sure Super can encode your blu-ray files to another type.

HDTV TS (Transport Stream) and M2TS (BluRay) converter Convert any input video format to TS or M2TS.
Convert a TS or M2TS file to any other video format.
The rendered TS or M2TS files are created using the MPEG-II or H.264/AVC video codecs together
with AAC, ac3 or mp2 audio to provide a superior unequal video quality.

Correct me if im wrong, but are you trying to rip a Blu-ray disc? encode? to another type of media. (blu-ray disc)

here are some more sources:

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/arch...ts-files-to-burn-to-blu-ray-disc-t346806.html

there are free programs mentioned in the discussion :) hope this directs you to what you are looking for

Yes that was one of my questions, does SUPER encode from a blu-ray source. That works partially for what I was looking for. I was additionally looking for software that would utilize my GPU to parallel process the encode to decrease encode time. Do you know if SUPER has this option?

I know of a piece of software that uses NVIDIA CUDA GPUs for encoding, it is called Badaboom. But it is nowhere near release yet, which is extremely apparent based on its performance and reliability of the beta release (currently is 0.9 I think?).

Thanks for your ideas.

Yes that was one of my questions, does SUPER encode from a blu-ray source. That works partially for what I was looking for. I was additionally looking for software that would utilize my GPU to parallel process the encode to decrease encode time. Do you know if SUPER has this option?

I know of a piece of software that uses NVIDIA CUDA GPUs for encoding, it is called Badaboom. But it is nowhere near release yet, which is extremely apparent based on its performance and reliability of the beta release (currently is 0.9 I think?).

Thanks for your ideas.

I'm unaware of any program that will do conversions with m2ts as a source and make use of the GPU. Both NVIDIA and ATI currently have very limited offerings in that department third-party or not.

i don't know of any either but here are a few cpu based programs

MAC OS X
mpegstreamclip
Compressor

PC
Vegas
Premiere Pro
Sorenson Squeeze
TMGPEnc 4

those are all i can think of, and none use gpu acceleration.

what kind of box do you have that it takes 24hrs for one movie?

24 Hours may have been an exaggeration, though it does take longer to encode than I am asleep. :)

Thanks for all your help guys.

I like to use RipBot264 under XP Pro 32-bit or Vista Ultimate x64 and convert to .mp4. It does take awhile, of course, but it's to be expected.

can handbrake encode from blu-ray not sure.

can handbrake encode from blu-ray not sure.

The 0.9.2 Windows release won't.

The 0.9.3 snapshot 3 (SVN1797) Windows release from here does allow you to use an .m2ts file as source. So, yes, with the snapshot release you can convert an .m2ts created from a BluRay disc to mp4, avi (Xvid), etc.

Last edited:
would be awesome if the whole idea really takes off. could you imagine... running your computer with a CPU, and having the GPU also take some of the load of the CPU? Or.... not even really requiring a CPU should it die or something.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back