how to download .swf files from site

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Ok, there is a website that i visit cause it has some extremely funny little cartoons. (for those of u who may be wondering, it's www.illwillpress.com). i was kinda wondering exactly how i would download what appears to be a flash video off of a website so i can watch it without being connected to the internet.

This method is kinda tedious, but it works nonetheless :p
What you need to do after visiting the site is to navigate to your Temporary Internet Files folder in Windows Explorer and run a search for *.swf files in it. Make sure you're searching hidden files and folders as well. Open the .swf files in IE. They should be the Flash files you need. ;)

If you're using Mozilla/Firebird, let me know. There's a much easier way of getting what you want.

You can use Download Accelerator to pull the file.

if the file was on NTFS.org main page for example

www.ntfs.org

and the file was flash.swf

you would put www.ntfs.org/flash.swf in the URL dialog box in DAP.

you adjust filenames, sites, and directories accordingly.

This is how I pull them off websites

Wget is also ported to Win32, works quite nicely too ;)

If you use Mozilla or firebird you can just right click the page, then click page info and then move over to the media tab, you can then find the swf file and click "save as"

If you're using IE, then right click, view source, find the URL to the swf file, open just the swf file, and then click file and save the "page" :)

actually, at the moment i'm using FlashGet. i've only gotten one video from there though, and that one is titled "A Postal Event"

create a minimal html page with a link to it
Code:
<a href="blah">link</a>

open the page in IE - right click the link "Save Target As"

MdSalih

go to temporary files, settings, view files

then go to view on the toolbar

then go to view icons, then go to arrange icons

then pick last accesed, or type

this will simplify the search for the file

that's a very nice first post marnmacca...I'm gonna try that program

also, the easiest thing to do would be to save the page for offline use

Dealer, i tried that already, but it only saved the nifty look of where the flash video plays, and still needed to download the flash video. might give the others a try too.

go to the top of ie and select "file/save as" name it what you want and save it where you want ...

.. now all we need is a way to open up the protected ones to steal credit!

no no just kidding. i'd like to offer my thanks also for the list of programs for this.

Originally posted by dubstar
.. now all we need is a way to open up the protected ones to steal credit!

Hmmm - Here:
  • http://www.srctec.com/flashdecompiler/index.htm
:) :) It works pretty good ..

Swiff player

By the way, you can download a lovely little standalone app. (Swiff player) from here
cheers...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back