how to do a clock in Powerpoint 2003?

Since my first thread seems to have disappeared content wise. I though iud make another thread.

Ok im using PowerPoint 2003 and I have used insert date and time for the time. The problem is that I want it to continuously update. And it seems to only update every time I restart power point.. Very annoying.. Any ideas guys?

Using PowerPoint 2003 and on welcome machine using PowerPoint 2003 viewer.

i have 4 slides and they go 1234 1234 on and on. on one slide i have inserted the date. Thursday april 28 2004 then under it in a seperate 4:52PM when i start powerpoint i have the correct time and date entered but as the slides go the time doest change. ANd yes i have checked the update time automaticaly.

Well I think I have understood your aims, but remain, well a bit uninformed. Do you wish the process (the slides) to be presented at set intervals (TimerTicks()) or some other time related issues? Or do you require the slides to be presented according to their creation date, or another such aspect?

Either way you are going to have to enter some code here behind the presentation you are attempting to control. This will also give you control of other aspects of the presentation as well.

:) :)

alli want is it to display the time windows does in the bottom right corner. sorry its been a weird day.

Will get back to you as I lost all my systems today, still trying to re-install them, this will take some time.

if you go to Ask Jeeves and put in "how do I display a clock in powerpoint?" you should get what you need. I remember going there a few months ago and finding out how to do it, but now I don't remember exactly now.
I'd look more, but gotta head in to work.

Good luck!

You could try using some Visual Basic coding (macro's in office). You would have to put a text box or label object on each slide, and every time the slide shows or using a timer, you could add some code:

Code:
lblTime.Caption = Str(Time)

I dont know if Office 2003 still has a Visual Basic environment in it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back