"How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb"

U2 went belly up after Joshua Tree, Rattle n Hum was their ride down a slippery slope, I do have their latest album received it the day of release, it's good, not as good as Boy, War, Unforgetable Fire, Under a Blood red Sky or Joshua Tree.

hmmmm i see another conscientious objector in our midst’s, hey muzikool! :)

I was into U2 when they were a Punk band, have been listening to them since 1979.

They were a support band in 78 I think the story goes for the Jam or a Ska band in Dublin, during the interval they played their stuff and got booooed off the stage, how things change!

to think you listened to punk and now you listen to Michael Howard, my my how things change :)

lancer said:
to think you listened to punk and now you listen to Michael Howard, my my how things change :)

I think as an individual not as a group that follow and hang on.
I still listen to Punk, Classical, Indie and if this rings a bell, Noel Coward.

hehe, good to see your are the shepard and not the sheep, but then that begs the question......

Lee said:
I think as an individual not as a group that follow and hang on.

I can't be accused of groupthink since I've just been listening to U2 since '96. I started with them then, became knowledgeable of what they did in the 80's and have continued to be amazed ever since.

lancer said:
hehe, good to see your are the shepard and not the sheep, but then that begs the question......

what question?

:|Looks foward to kickng Muzi's butt at Jungle Hunt, my best so far is 5300! :|

Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys! Very helpful. I'll definitely be checking out what you guys have mentioned. The digital box-set....hmm maybe :p

Also, I have to agree with muzikool that Bono's writing is very, very good for this album.

I think I may have a new favorite band!

edit:

Also, this is music that has to be listened to more than once for it to be liked. The first time I listened to it(way back in November), I didn't really like it, with the exception of Vertigo, which was obviously made to be the catchy single that makes you get the whole album. I also didn't really appreciate Bono's voice that much either. Then about weeks ago I gave it another try(actually listening to the whole album and not just skipping :p), and I totally began loving it. Bono's voice is perfect for that kind of music U2 makes. Maybe it was because I wasn't accustomed to their sound before...

That being said, it's not a bad thing that you can't love them by just listenting to them once. When I have to listen to some music several times it's usually a sign that I am listening to some quality stuff. Happened to me with Coldplay, which I also absolutely love.

Okay, final thing. My favorite song on this album is "Crumbs From Your Table".

Right on. The same thing happened to me with U2, Coldplay and Radiohead, and they are three of my top bands! Additionally, I understand that all three bands have mutual admiration for each other. :)

Expanding on what you wrote about liking the music after repeatedly listening, I have found that concentrating on the lyrics repeatedly reveals much more depth to what is written. Bono writes in so many metaphors, that sometimes I just listen to them without really understanding them. It's when I listen to understand them that makes it even more enjoyable. Crumbs From Your Table is a perfect example, as it can be interpreted in multiple ways, but actually refers to Africa's plead for help. I remember listening to So Cruel from Achtung Baby for over a year before catching all of the subtle metaphors. Anyway, all that to say that I agree with you, Grandmaster, and I'm glad you're enjoying it!

I'm a recent U2 fan too. Excellent band, in my opinion. Their music is like chocolate to the ears. ;)

My favorite song from this album is Miracle Drug. Although, when I have
the time, I listen to the whole album because its songs are that good.
happy.gif

muzikool said:
Right on. The same thing happened to me with U2, Coldplay and Radiohead, and they are three of my top bands! Additionally, I understand that all three bands have mutual admiration for each other. :)

Expanding on what you wrote about liking the music after repeatedly listening, I have found that concentrating on the lyrics repeatedly reveals much more depth to what is written. Bono writes in so many metaphors, that sometimes I just listen to them without really understanding them. It's when I listen to understand them that makes it even more enjoyable. Crumbs From Your Table is a perfect example, as it can be interpreted in multiple ways, but actually refers to Africa's plead for help. I remember listening to So Cruel from Achtung Baby for over a year before catching all of the subtle metaphors. Anyway, all that to say that I agree with you, Grandmaster, and I'm glad you're enjoying it!

I could never really get into Radiohead.

However with regards to "Crumbs From Your Table", at first I thought he was talking about some girl problems or something, about two days ago I got the true intent of the song.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back