How to disable IPC$-Share?

X

X-Bone

HI

I've been surfing around all sort of tech pages, but I can't find any information that matches XP... How do I turn off that IPC-Share thing? The old stuff for win2k don't work... :-(

Please help!

TIA

X-Bone

Have you tried this

To disable the automatic administrative shares (such as, C$, D$), go to the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" hive and in \System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters create a REG_DWORD called "AutoShareServer" (for NT Server) or "AutoShareWks" (for NT Workstation) with the value "0".

or

net share IPC$ /delete - but you need to do that after each boot

Yes, I've already done that registry-thing. C, and WINDOWS Share are gone, because I deleted them. But there is no way to delete that IPC stuff. No option like "delete" or "turn off". That's actualy the problem... :-(

Any other hints?

(But thanks anyway, max!)

X-Bone:confused:

From "APK security guide" hosted on xp-erience.org
Stopping the default share registry technique as follows (Courtesy of CDogg @ 3dfiles):

To stop the creation of the default share in the first place, fire up regedit and navigate to the key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesLanManServerParameters.

Within the parameters key create a new DWORD value and name it AutoShareServer for NTServer (and 2000 server & up) or AutoShareWks for NT Workstation (and 2000 pro) and give it a value of 0. I show this above in detail! Here is another method at boot thru a logon script or batchfile:

VIA BATCHFILE COMMANDS:

NET SHARE C$ /DELETE
NET SHARE D$ /DELETE
NET SHARE ADMIN$ /DELETE
NET SHARE IPC$ /DELETE
NET SHARE DFS$ /DELETE
NET SHARE COMCFG$ /DELETE

etc.

OR just typing NET USE * /d /y should do it for ALL of them!

(etc. for all the shares you wished dropped continuing driveletters as needed. This can be tricky with some apps, so watch it. Some need IPC$ & some need ADMIN$. Stopping the Server Service stops this also additionally to take care of it all at once & not share ANY of them!)

If a drive's not shared in ANY capacity, it cannot be used... another door closed!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back