How To Delete Internet Settings

Dogfighter

Gamer
I used to use a USB ADSL modem, I had 2 computers running WIN XP peer to peer with a crossover cable, I set up Internet shearing with the small office network wizard. I got fed up with having to have both computers on if I wanted to use comp B and I didn’t like zone alarm, so I bought a netgear DG843 firewall router with 4 switched ports. Thing is they are still using Internet connection shearing. If Comp A isn’t on Comp B cant get on the net, even though it knows the default gateway is the router 192.168.0.1. How do I delete all the old settings and start again, I have run the wizard again but as soon as Comp A is off or I disable the connection Comp B can’t get on the net. I have renamed the work group but nothing is working. The LAN or High-Speed Internet connection in my network places has the delete option greyed out. I would just like to set everything up from scratch. :confused:

if u have ICF/ICS still enable in the services, disable it. go to control panel/administrative tools/services to stop/disable it, then reboot. that may be ur problem. try that and see if that solves the problem.

I have disabled Internet connection sharing out of services but there but that has made no difference. I need to get rid of the Internet Gateway that has been set up, and have just one entry in my Network Connections called LAN or High-speed Internet. At the moment I have both.

What if I created a new user account for myself giving myself admin rights? Would this help? I expect not because if it didn’t keep network settings you couldn’t log on to change them.

I too made the mistake of setting up a home network. My wife and I were sharing the internet via a hub connection. Once I set up home networking it introduced a new internet gateway which I don't want. How can I return to having one connection to the internet through the hub. I don't care about accessing my wife's computer and I don't need to connect remotely through another computer to the web. Every action I have tried says I cannot delete the connection. H E L P !

You have to be logged on as administrator.

Staright from the windows help menu...

To remove a connection from the network bridge
You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings might also prevent you from completing this procedure.

Open Network Connections.
Under Network Bridge, right-click Network Bridge, and then click Properties.
On the General tab, under Adapters, select the check box next to the adapter or adapters that you want to remove, and then click OK.
Notes

To open Network Connections, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network Connections.
When you remove an adapter from the network bridge, the adapter will have Windows Firewall enabled if Windows Firewall is turned on.
If you remove adapters from the network bridge, and fewer than two adapters remain, the network bridge will not perform its intended function, but will continue to use system resources.

TO just disable a bridge:

To enable or disable the network bridge
You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings might also prevent you from completing this procedure.

Open Network Connections.
Under Network Bridge, right-click Network Bridge, and then do one of the following:
To enable Network Bridge, click Enable.
To disable Network Bridge, click Disable.
Notes

To open Network Connections, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network Connections.
You must use Bridge Connections to create the network bridge before you can enable it.
If you disable the network bridge, computers on your network will be unable to communicate with computers that are on different network segments. Some of the computers on your network may also lose Internet connectivity.