How to Create A Stand-alone DVD Player Compatible Photo CD ?

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Hey All.
I was wondering if someone could help.
I wish to create a photocd that is compatible with stand-alone dvd players.
Does anyone know how to do this?
Software I have includes adobe photoshop, nero 6 and i think i have a version of roxio floating about somewhere although its not installed.
Or is there any good freeware/software to do this?
Many thanks :)

1) Most newer DVD players are .jpg compatible, so just a data cd with jpg's should work fine. Some older ones are only Kodak photo cd compatible, not really sure how to make a Kodak photo cd.

2) some burning progams allow you to make a slideshow in dvd, vcd, or svcd format.

I just burned a disk with jpegs using the nero wizard. I could even put the files in folders and select from the on screen menu.

The down side - the speed was horrible. It took a minute to paint the image to the TV screen. The jpeg decoder in my DVD was too slow.

I think Nero also supports Photo CD format in the wizard.

I used photoshop and a program to make a 'SVCD' compliant cd for my jpeg iamges; it was a pretty painstakingly long process, but it did give you complete control on the menu interface, and the way images flow from one to the other.

The problem is that I can't remember the name of the program at the moment; I'll try to get back to you with it.

Or, you could always use programs like Photo2VCD, although I've never fully tried it.

edit: I used VCDeasy, but I just noticed tht you might want a more DVD-orientated version. If so, try this link: http://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?howtoselect=3;52#3;52

(Sorry for the long post, I'm waay too tired for using the net)

Thanks for all your help guys, but on the off change I just burnt the images to a cdrw as standard jpegs and it worked fine :) thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back