How To Convert Mac Icons To WinXP Format..

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political Access
I know Mavis has a tutorial up, but here's a waaay easier way... Converting just got a whole lot easier cause of a new program called 'Axialis IconWorkshop 5.1". Converting a whole set takes very little time now. Now you no longer have to resize each icon manually, its all done automatically now :D

so check it out @ http://www.difus3d-design.tk

trust me, its ALOT easier now.

where can I find the Nintendo set you use in the tutorial??

you can get them from xicons.com. But in OS X format. :)

Yeah but that's not a problem cause i just follow your tutorials:D

oh you mean converted? I cant do that, it would violate the owners copyright :S

Oh i would never post someone elses icons without their permission...I just like them for personal use..It seems like people make better Mac icons than XP icons, it's really a shame...so i use more of Macs than Windows

its not that hard busto, took me like 15 mins to convert the whole thing. VERY EASY. :D

I haven't tried the new way yet..I used to always use Mavis's way but it was a pain in the a** having to use all the different proggies just to convert one icon...another thing i was wondering do you know any good sites on teaching how to make an icon?? I have all these great programs and photoshop plug-ins and have no clue how to use them...the tutorials here are great but most of them are for predifined icons (ie:bubbles, dents, break-outs, etc...). I've got a few sweet pics i'd like to turn to icons but i have no idea how to give them that 3-d effect..any advice???

P.S. XICONS.com..GREAT site!!!...thanks for that one;)

Thank you!!!...I can't tell ya how many times I've asked that question and everyone just tells me "Search on Google" and then when i do i get the same crappy win 95 & 98 icon sites...sometimes a brother just needs a kick in the right direction:D ...Thanks again bro!!

Hey there bro...I'm having a little problem with your new tutorial...
I've unstuufed all my icons, now when i used to use the old way they were all extensionless like you mention and i would use Iconshop and then Photoshop well with the new way i try and open the extensionless ones in Iconworkshop it asks me if i want to start a new project and then ask me the size i want and the resolution of the icon and when i'm done chosing all this i can't see the icon...now the weird part is not all of the icon sets I've downloaded are extensionless, a few have the .INCS extension on them and these open fine in Iconworkshop..now i don't want to have to go through and rename all the extentionless files to .INCS files..can you think of anything I'm doing wrong here or another way to open them..any help would be sweet...TIA

Start up IconWorkshop. Now go to File>Open and browse to where you unstuffed those icons. Then where it says "Files of Type' choose 'All Files". This way you can see those extensionless ones. Open them up, they shoudld open up..

I try that but when i open them it asks me if i want to start a new project and when i say yes it makes me pick a size and then after that it opens up a blank icon..i don't know what i'm doing wrong

Yeah I uninstalled IconWorkshop and then reinstalled it and BAM..now it's doing it fine...don't know what i had going wrong the first time but oh well...Thanks alot for your help

Hey o_87 what happened to iconica.freeplace.net???...when you go there now it gives you some info about Apache server software

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back