How to convert a German DVD

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I have a German DVD here (some German Opera singer in concert). It finally arrived from Germany two weeks ago. This DVD actually belongs to my neighbor, but it cannot play on our DVD machines. Is there something that we can do to it that would make it playable on his TVtop machine? I do have a DVDBurner, maybe that might help, but I have no idea how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Heeter

DVD Regions.

Okay will do. Thanks.

Heeter

You could use dvddecrypter to remove the zone2 and make it all zones or zone1, copy the content on your hdd, and burn it again on a dvd provided the size of the blank dvd is enough for this...
I see nothing illegal by doing this as you could consider it as a backup copy of the original, plus you can't play the original one...
But I may be wrong, others here will tell if I am...

I was going to suggest same as Howling Wolf. As for illegal thats always a shaddy subject.

This is all the hard way. 9 times out of 10 there will be a hidden menu in your DVD player to change it's region and another 9 times out of 10 for that 1 time theres not a secret menu there is a firmware hack to do it.

Get yer players model number and search for region hacks on sites like www.dvdrhelp.com. If your player is an APEX (one of the most common players in the US due to there insane low cost and high compatability) there is a 99.9% chance of a hidden menu :)

If your player by chance does not have a region free option of any kind you can always head over to Wall-Mart and pick up a player that can for about $30 (APEX). For me spening $30 is alot cheaper then trying to rip and convert the DVD.

and ya know this is assuming you live in the states but you didnt realy say were you live :)

Thanks for all your help. I did realize before I posted that this might be a touchy subject. Giving the fact that this is really gonna be for personal, private use only, I would take the chance because I had no idea myself on what to do. The DVD does work on my TVtop DVD player, but not on my neighbor machine.

Heeter

Of course he doeas .. "Location: In front of my computer" :p Anyhoo if you have a burner already and the space a simple rip/reburn is kinda a pain but makes it watchable. Otherwise you could do what generalleoff says.

ya know this DVD could also not be encrypted and region protected at all. The problem could also be that your nabors player can not accept a PAL signal and convert it to NTSC. In this case he either needs a new player that can accept PAL format media or you will need to rip it and re encode it to NTSC for him.

Being a German opera and not a big budget hollywood film odds are it is not region locked.

Oh shoot .. I totally forgot about the PAL/NTSC thing. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back