[HOW TO] Concurrent Remote Desktop in SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The files should be copied to the machine you would like to be able to access concurrently (remote).

There are no stupid questions ;)

The server... the client site can be a simple diskless station.. with a boot floppy.. Okz?

i have win xp sp2 ver 2550, and i install sala source patch and concurent remote session, it's done well for unlimited rdp. But when i try with the new win xp sp2 ver 2600, it's just work just for 3 RDP (4 with the win xp host). Did anyone find the new way?

Hope someone can point me in the right direction on a problem i'm having.

i can't seem to log on to the 'server' machine. i get a message saying "unable to log you on because of an account restriction."

what do i need to do to get around this?

EDIT: resolved the above problem. :)

A new problem I found now: How can I log on to the server as the same person who is currently using the machine? Is that even possible?

Last edited:
You can't login as someone who is currently logged into the machine. For something like that you would need PCAnywhere, or I believe Remote Assistance works like that as well.

This current hack only allows for more than one user to login to the machine concurrently, versus the default of kicking off the logged in user (pending appropriate permissions).

Thank you (I think).

Followed the instructions, and everything worked as expected.
Deleted primary user (and created new user), can no longer log on remotely without booting off local user.
Followed the instructions again, still doesn't work.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

EDIT:
After re-reading the entire thread, and paying closer attention this time, I was able to resolve the situation.

Last edited:
Has any one info on how those issues are being handled on Vista ?
Can't wait to see what M$ came up with this time...

Hi,
How i can to run an application in user a and i need that also user b will see the same application(the application will run all the time)
Thanks
Doron

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
How i can to run an application in user a and i need that also user b will see the same application(the application will run all the time)
Thanks
Doron

if you are referring to desktop sharing, RDP is not your answer. Either look at remote help or another product like VNC, GoToMyPC, etc..

but i must need making login via RDP to the same computer and still each user will see the same application rumnning

If i am understanding you correctly, you want to login via RDP and have other users connect via RDP and see what you are seeing.

This is not possible with regular a regular RDP connection. You can look at Remote Assistance which uses RDP and requires invites and such (but I don't think that will work when the user initiating the invitation is connected via RDP already).

You need something besides RDP...

lets say that each time one user only will be login via RDP and see the same application that is allready running after he is disconnect have possibillity to another user to login and to see also the same application. my question how i can do it?

thanks
doron

you can't. An application is specific to a session. Unless you want to have them login with the same user account.

Hi all, has anyone got a more recent 'modified' termsrv.dll ? I've just installed a new XP box, and the termsrv.dll is version 5.1.2600.2627 (dated 31 May 2007). The modified one at the start of this thread is 5.1.2600.2055, and the one linked to from here is 5.1.2600.2180. If I plug in the modified 2180 version, replacing the 2627 version, on my new XP box, weird things happen - remote desktop stops entirely, and I can't even log in locally with more than one user.

Help! :)

tia, Andy

Hi all, has anyone got a more recent 'modified' termsrv.dll ? I've just installed a new XP box, and the termsrv.dll is version 5.1.2600.2627 (dated 31 May 2007). The modified one at the start of this thread is 5.1.2600.2055, and the one linked to from here is 5.1.2600.2180. If I plug in the modified 2180 version, replacing the 2627 version, on my new XP box, weird things happen - remote desktop stops entirely, and I can't even log in locally with more than one user.

Help! :)

tia, Andy

Hi,

I have exactly the same Problem as Andy.
Everything works fine with the dll, which is capable to handle more than 3 connections. But after several hours the RCP-Server is not responding anymore and no remote and no local connections are possible anymore.

Anybody a clue?

thx, nothin

Ok, I'm having a similar problem. The local user is still being logged off when I use the RDP to connect. But, to add a new spin on things, the PC that I've changed the termsrv.dll file on is a member of a domain and the accounts that I am logging on and attempting to log on with are domain user accounts.

Would the fact that the PC is a member of a domain and the fact that the user accounts aren't locale to the system in question be the reason why the locally logged on user is getting disconnected?

Being an administrator of a around 30 PCs on a network, this feature would be extremely handy rather than having to kick users off their Windows XP Pro PCs so I can check things or run aduit software.

So, question is, does this hack/method work when the PC is in a domain? Has anyone got it to work on a PC in a domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back