How to clear Internet History.

R

radio69

Hi ppl, this might sound stupid. I'm have Norton Systemworks 2002 installed on my notebook. When I click on Norton Cleansweep and then click on Fast & Safe Cleaup. After that, click on Clean Up. I still have about 140KB left. I then click in Setting and the 140KB are from Internet History. I was trying to look for this folder in Windows Explorer but to no avail. Can some kind soul here, pls help me. I need to clean it up as it taking up too much space in my hard drive. Thanks in advance.

I did that. But it still there. Is there any programs that can removed all those internet history whenever you surf.

Hi ppl, thanks for your valuable advise. But are there anyway to do it beside installing third parties softwares. I used to be able to clear everything. Don't know whether is it something to do with setting in Internet Explorer itself. Pls enlighten me here. Once again thanks in advance.

what all do u want to get rid of?

If you want to get rid of your cookies then go to, Tools, internet options, and click delete cookies

or if you want to delete temporary internet files then go to tools, internet options, and then click DELETE FILES under the Temporary internet files menu on the internet options front page.

I hope this answers your question, but i can't think of anything else.

Aileron

As TwoZigzagColt45 says SpiderBite is about the best there is and it's free. Only one problem it is no longer being updated and may cause problems with XP.

Originally posted by radio69
I did that. But it still there. Is there any programs that can removed all those internet history whenever you surf.

if i remember:rolleyes: Norton CleanSweep ( from N. System Works ) can do what u want .

If you go to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\History, deleting everything in there will remove your internet history.

If you go to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files, deleting everything in there will remove your cache.

If you go to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Cookies, deleting everything in there will remove your cookies.

HTH

While your there you might want to delete whats in your Temp folder you'll find that in local settings make sure you show all hidden folders

Originally posted by Cosmin

if i remember:rolleyes: Norton CleanSweep ( from N. System Works ) can do what u want .

That's what I did. But it still shows 88KB not being able to clear. When I click on Setting. There are 2 files in Internet History. I used to be able to clear everything but now I don't know why I can't.:( :( :(

paranoid

Spider by Ward van Wanrooij - ward@ward.nu version 1.1.6.0 is the best free program I've used for deleting these files. You should only really do it if your having browser problems as these files can become corrupt over time. I dont know what all the paranoia is about, this is an index file and it keeps an index, no big surprise there - as you know all your web activities is recorded, no big surprise there, so where do you think windows should keep sensitive information like your remembered passwords to your favourite forum in an easy to find easy read file - NO - it keeps it that ever so scary index dat file. By the way once you have successfuly deleted these files windows wont remember your passwords so make sure you've made a note of them all.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back