How to check firmware version?

dreamworks

--== babyface ==--
I have a Liteon 52xCDRW .. LTR52327S .. anyone knows how do I check the firmware version if I'm running on Win XP please?

Thank you ..

check www.cdfreaks.com they will have links to tools to check bios etc. Also lots of info on best cd media etc.

Also the lite-on flash tool might let you read and back-up your existing bios. Available at the lite-on site.

download SmartBurn from liteonit.com

It will display the drive and it's firmware.

If you have Q0.. for firmware, there are updates on the site.
If you have QS... They haven't released updates yet. I have the newest available one from a lite on tech here. Let me know if you want it.

I could go into detail about the differences with the QS drives, Just let me know if you want me to...

Thanks for the info buddy. First of all I checked on the site liteonit.com and it sucks because there is no download links for optical drives on PC. Only their DVD players all around which I don't find quite amusing though.

Anyway, I used Nero's InfoTools and got the following information.

Lite-on DVD-Rom (JLMS XJ-HD166S) Firmware version is DS19
Lite-on CDRW (LTR-52327S) QS0C

So how do I know if I already have the latest version? I remember I updated it once before, thats why I am checking now. Any idea?

Also, interesting to learn about the differences on the QS drives if you're free to explain. Thanks!! : )

dreamliner77 said:
download SmartBurn from liteonit.com

It will display the drive and it's firmware.

If you have Q0.. for firmware, there are updates on the site.
If you have QS... They haven't released updates yet. I have the newest available one from a lite on tech here. Let me know if you want it.

I could go into detail about the differences with the QS drives, Just let me know if you want me to...

Finally found the place in liteonit.com website now. Downloaded and updated the firmware for the CD-RW drive to R52QS0C but noticed that there are many other older versions. Once updated, does this usually mean that the latest update comprise of the those before too?

Also updated the DVD-ROM's firmware from DS19 to DS1A downloaded from CDfreaks.com.

:D :D :D :D

With optical drives the newer bioses usually just add more "compatible media" (blanks that actually work). Though sometimes they fix a release that was totally hosed. Lite-on released a bad DVD burner update on christmas eve. It took them 2 weeks to get a version that worked out.

Thus the warning "only update firmware if tyou have a problem to fix".

Occasionally there will be a "new feature" enabled in the drive. Not often though.

Read this thread:Thread from cdfreaks.com

It can explain alot better than I can.

But it appears you have the older version.

I do have the newest firmware for the 2nd version should anyone need it (QS55)

Hmmm .. no wander :) Anyway, where do we find the latest firmware (QS)? Its not on the liteon site though? Appreciate if anyone could send it to me please?

e-mail: dennis@beritapub.com.my

Thanks!!

dreamliner77 said:
Read this thread:Thread from cdfreaks.com

It can explain alot better than I can.

But it appears you have the older version.

I do have the newest firmware for the 2nd version should anyone need it (QS55)

Try here

I haven't used it yet, but it appears to be legit. Got it from LiteOn support last week when I was having some problems.

Thanks for the link but can I confirm that this is for the following drive?

Lite-on CDRW (LTR-52327S)

It is for the 52327s (Second H/W revision). It says so if you run it and cancel out before updating.

Read the cdfreaks.com thread. It will tell you everything you need to know.

I'll probably get that f/w on there in the next 24 hours or so, so I'll let you know how it does.

No. 1 rule of firmware: If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back