3-Start in safe mode (F8)
4-Go to C\Windows\Sistem32
5-Find uxtheme.dll and make a backup
6-Rename to .bak o .000
7-Move the attach uxtheme to C\Win...\Sis...32
8-Reboot
9-Enjoy

You only need to do this.

Does it work? I guess you'll have to replace it first in C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 . Or is uxtheme.dll not under Windows systemfile protection?

Originally posted by yoyo
Does it work? I guess you'll have to replace it first in C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 . Or is uxtheme.dll not under Windows systemfile protection?

Don't touch that folder.

Originally posted by lansan
This is for the official Sp1 (1106)
1-Install Sp1-Reboot
2-Extract uxtheme (attach)
3-Start in safe mode (F8)
4-Go to C\Windows\Sistem32
5-Find uxtheme.dll and make a backup
6-Rename to .bak o .000
7-Move the attach uxtheme to C\Win...\Sis...32
8-Reboot
9-Enjoy

You only need to do this.

PS place a copy of the uxtheme.dll (patched one of course) in the (dll cache) folder in C:/windows/system32

PS place a copy of the uxtheme.dll (patched one of course) in the (dll cache) folder in C:/windows/system32

Did you look in the dll-cache folder after installing SP1? No more uxtheme.dll, no more explorer.exe, no more shell32.dll, no more netshell.dll and what they are we love to treat with resourcehacker. It seems that after SP sfp takes the backups from the above mentioned Servicepackfiles\i386 directory. I may be wrong. Anybody knows for sure?

your right

I would say replace the uxtheme.dll in the service pack folder then , but mine runs fine after sp1 with the uxtheme.dll in the system32 folder without having to put one in the service pack folder but I did place one in the dll cache just the same it was like 4 am when I was installing my sp1 and did not catch it at the time but there was no uxtheme.dll to replace lol I dunno if we need to place one in the service pack files or not but I am gonna do it anyways just for the hell of it to see ...... dont matter to me I got all my stuff on cd's and I am gonna be formatting in a day or so and want to mess around with this sp1 install to see what damage I can cause lolol I wonder if I replaced the uxtheme.dll before slipstreaming a copy of all the files sp1 included would xp install ??? mmmmmm do I really want another coaster for my beer? lolol I am gonna try it anyways gonna make a slipstream with the hacked uxtheme.dll and see if I can install xpsp1 without having the hasstle of replacing the uxtheme.dll after I am done :eek:

Thanks lansan!
it works for me.

(scared to upgrade my home PC to xp sp1...)

BL

kermit way not use an rw to try ur idea

Originally posted by body electric
Thanks lansan!
it works for me.

(scared to upgrade my home PC to xp sp1...)

BL

i am the same way..

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back