how to change the defualt save path for games?

zandyrei

TinySoft
this is my issue... i am having returnil on C: so its like freezing C: and refreshes to old state every restart..most of the games i purchased lately(burnout paradise, nba 2k9, nba 2k10) have a default save path into C:documents and settings/appdata/ect...so this means when im restarting my PC all my save files are gone....

i would like to make a default save path on D: just like what i did to MY Documents....

thanks....

not sure if saved games folder in users is what you are after, right click on that and move it, not sure about xp, been so long since i have used it

thanks for having that doubt.....thats why im here because i was asking for some suggestion in which how to tanggle with the registry because im really pissed everytime i play games i have to turn Returnil off so that the game files cant be deleted after i restarted it...

and i cant just move folders form appdata (ex: 2k sports -from nba 2k10) unlike the My Documents folder where i can move it be changeing locations...

you could do a registry search for the game like you say and change the path (if there is a key for saved games there)

I never advise registry hacks because you never know how good people are with it, and one wrong move in the registry can kill your windows install :p

But you seem to know what your doing :)

You could use tweakui and try and change the folders that way. Unless the game asks you where you want save data there is no other way to move where they are stored.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back